- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
US: Special flowers for Memorial Day
In the United States, Memorial Day is commemorated on the last Monday of May. During this day, the men and women that died in the US military service are honored and their graves are often decorated with flowers.
Due to the special colors and weather conditions, no standard bouquets can be used. "As it is an outside holiday in the US we try to use our heartier varieties" says Stembridge. Therefore, the flowers can handle the temperature and will be pretty all day long. "Trending this year, I predict that the colors will be more vibrant and with more dyed products with designs."
Fresca Farms is a family-owned and operated, fresh-cut flower grower, importer and distributor located in Miami, Florida. It owns and operates a 40,000 square foot facility of which 30,000 square feet is a cooler area. The farm, where the flowers are grown is located in the Bogota savannah, Colombia, boasting over 70 hectares of fertile soil in production with an additional 70 hectares licensed and ready for expansion. The bouquet facility is housed on the farm campus.
*CFD is Certified Floral Designer. Accredited by AiFD. Association of Independent Floral Designers.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."
- 2022-05-05 Vista florist Dos Gringos finds a place in the sun
- 2022-04-29 US (MI): Hall's greenhouse turns 70
- 2022-04-28 Peek inside some of Denmark's major floriculture production companies
- 2022-04-28 A week at The Shropshire Flower Company
- 2022-04-28 UK: Orchid merchant retires over post-Brexit red tape wrangle
- 2022-04-27 UK: "The demand for rosemary and lavender is very strong"
- 2022-04-21 "We want to further consolidate our position in the EU-market"
- 2022-04-20 Ecuador's largest premium rose grower starts growing ranunculus
- 2022-04-19 In memoriam: Rick Donnan
- 2022-04-13 "People are amazed by the variety of flowers that are grown on US soil"
- 2022-04-11 Young farmers focus: Rhiannon Clarke
- 2022-04-08 A lot of interest in Stars-Plant flowering trial