- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Netherlands: Keukenhof attracted 1.175.000 visitors in 2015
The most beautiful spring garden in the world is proud of the results. 2015 is the second consecutive year that Keukenhof has attracted more than 1 million visitors. The beautiful, cool spring enabled the flowers to bloom for the complete 8 weeks. The large number of visitors is the result of the publicity around the Van Gogh theme and the increasing popularity of Keukenhof by Americans, Germans, Chinese and visitors from South-East Asia.
The average age of the visitors was noticeably lower than in previous years. More Dutch families have visited Keukenhof this year mainly because of all the new events and extra children’s activities.
In 2015 Keukenhof, together with her partner Arriva, transported more than 200.000 visitors by public transport. An increase of 20%.
The Keukenhof theme for 2016 is ‘The Golden Age’. The period when the Netherlands flourished with a growth in trade and commerce, science and art. This was also the time of the world explorers and when the tulip trade prospered.
Keukenhof 2016 is open from 24 March up to and including 16 May.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-04-22 US (MN): Tulip season is just about there, but this Lakeville farm won't be able to open
- 2022-03-23 "It's so painful as a farmer to do everything' right' and then get hammered by the rain"
- 2021-07-05 US: Farmworker advocates renew call for extreme heat rules after Oregon laborer dies
- 2021-06-15 NL: Millions and millions of blooming peonies in Limburg
- 2021-05-24 Greece: First-of-its-kind flower smells like dead insects to imprison coffin flies
- 2021-05-14 CAN: P.E.I. monks work to open tulip field despite COVID-19 protocols, plant disease
- 2021-04-29 Wicked tulips flower farm in Exeter celebrates opening weekend
- 2021-04-26 Kashmir: tulip garden witnesses steep decline in visitors
- 2021-04-21 Traveling 60 km daily: the life of a tulip gardener in Kashmir
- 2021-04-21 NL: Aerials show sea of tulips in bloom at famed flower park
- 2021-04-16 Keukenhof spring series - new parts presented
- 2021-04-09 Floriculture: A boom for doubling the income in Kashmir valley
- 2021-04-07 Bengaluru farmers use wastewater to grow plants
- 2021-04-07 Visitors flock to California's flower fields
- 2021-02-18 US (CA): Carlsbad Flower Fields to kick off spring season on March 1
- 2021-02-09 New online academic research library launched
- 2021-02-09 Study on how flower diversity might mitigate insecticide effect on wild bees
- 2021-01-29 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2020-11-05 "Involvement starts with the right communication"
- 2020-03-19 Indoor growing platform wins 250K prize