- Sales Manager, US
- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Stephane Maurice, MFresh:
"Volumes up 25% for French Mother's Day"
On the left Stephane Maurice of Mfresh at the Nordic Flower Expo in Sweden.
Mother's Day will be celebrated on May 31. It is an important day in France and the prices and volumes of plants and flowers are increasing during this time of the year. "On average, the volumes are 25% higher compared to other months of the year."
Next to Mother's day, Valentine's Day and Christmas are also days that are celebrated with flowers in France. "Christmas is especially becoming increasingly important for the French floriculture industry." says Stephane.
Stephane Maurice has worked for several years in a flower import company and established MFresh a few months ago. He imports flowers directly from Kenya to France. As he just started up the business, this years Mother's Day will not be a peak period for him. "Next year, it will surely be." concludes Stephane.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 How is the horticultural industry addressing its environmental footprint?
- 2023-10-02 UK: Retail crime crisis: HTA and major retailers call on Home Secretary for urgent action
- 2023-10-02 UK admits extra £330m a year in charges for post-Brexit animal and plant imports
- 2023-09-29 Colombia: Completion of the first module of the floriculture sector supervisors school
- 2023-09-29 Where have all the flowers gone? Miami as import hub for flowers in the US
- 2023-09-29 Turkey: Disused greenhouses in Sakarya will be put into production
- 2023-09-28 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-09-26 US: Association of Floral Importers of Florida works towards GSP renewal
- 2023-09-26 Dubai pilot export project: 36 orchid producers seal orders worth RM83.9m
- 2023-09-26 Mayesh director of marketing discusses introducing new products into the market
- 2023-09-25 Malaysia: Growers hope for government incentives amidst challenging times
- 2023-09-22 Auctioneer visits Kenya
- 2023-09-22 "For florist, fresh guarantee is key"
- 2023-09-22 "Successfully starting your own business is not something you do alone"
- 2023-09-22 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-21 "2023, a year of shifts"