- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Bringing Dutch technologies to the Chinese rose market
- "No other double lilies have this kind of pedigree"
- Water treatment with nanobubbles leads to decreased losses in gerbera cultivation
- Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- Dutch Flower Group supports Fairtrade flowers and workers
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
9-12 June 2015:
Selecta Klemm to present at Flowertrials® 2015
Selecta Klemm opens a permanent show garden at the premises of Christian Filla in Straelen at the Lower Rhine area. More than 500 Selecta varieties of the well-proven assortment and novelties are presented in baskets and containers. The show garden will be open beyond the FlowerTrials® and give producers and retailers the possibility to visit it all summer long until autumn to make assortment decisions. In the adjacent hall we will host our special marketing presentations.
Selecta Holland’s FlowerTrials® presentation in the Westland takes place in the main building of the FloraHolland in Honselersdijk. In the upper floors a representative selection of the assortment and several marketing presentations will be shown!
For the first time we are launching a brand-new trend magazine which summarizes marketing theme worlds and other ideas in a retail-optimized way.
Several novelties of our assortment will be shown at the FlowerTrials® for the first time:
Petunia cultivars NightSky
NightSky is the new Petunia sensation with an extraordinary pattern. The flowers in dark violet with white spots seem like a beautiful star sky. The variety is very early with a semi-trailing, medium strong vigour and convinces with a very good branching. NightySky varieties are suited for baskets and mixed containers and are approx. 1 m trailing. NightSky is ideal for modern plant combinations and a candidate for the FleuroStar award.
Dianthus cultivars Pillow
New types of garden carnations are the compact growing varieties Pillow Red and Pillow Purple with filigree flowers. The two varieties in red with dark stars and pink with dark stars are very well branching and have a flat, mat-like growth habit. Pillow varieties are suited for pots and baskets as well as a ground cover. The flowers with an interesting star-pattern also convince with an excellent shelf life and continuous flowering.
Calibrachoa cultivars Rave
Rave is the brand-new Calibrachoa line with five varieties in the Selecta assortment. The striking star pattern stands out and makes the big, single flowers a real eye-catcher from near and far. Rave Calibrachoa are the novelties that shouldn’t be missing in any assortment. The five varieties are early flowering with a medium-strong, good branching growth habit. Rave Calibrachoa are the novelties that shouldn’t be missing in any assortment. The varieties are Rave Pink, Rave Violet, Rave Blue, Rave Peach und Rave Cherry.
Verbena cultivars Pop®
The compact Verbena line Pop® has been realigned completely with seven new varieties. Pop® varieties are very early flowering and have compact, mounding growth habit which allows an easy to implement pot-to-pot packing. All varieties are mildew tolerant and perfectly cross-mixable with their colours. The seven new Pop® varieties are: Pop® Dark Red, Pop® Dark Violet, Pop® Light Pink, Pop® Mango Pink, Pop® Mango Salmon, Pop® Pink Romance, Pop® White '15.
Also new in the Selecta assortment is the Pelargonium grandiflorum line Novita. The five interspecific Novita varieties are Selecta’s own breeding and selected to provide cultivation and sales security. They convince with medium-sized flowers, small foliage and a very good branching. Novita varieties are early flowering even without a cooling phase and can be cultivated together with bedding and balcony plants or in cold cultivation.The new varieties are: Novita Ruby Red, Novita Purple Red, Novita Pink Bicolor, Novita Red, Novita Violet.
Selecta FlowerTrials® locations:
Selecta Klemm in the Rhineland/ Westphalia area:
Gartenbaubetrieb Christian Filla, Kortweg 9, 47638 Straelen/Germany
Selecta Holland in the Westland area:
FloraHolland, Middel Broekweg 29, 2675 KB Honselersdijk/The Netherlands
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 Save energy, retain high quality with Schoneveld Breeding winter Cyclamen
- 2022-05-17 Ocean-going vessels to capture CO2 for greenhouses
- 2022-05-17 Canadian growers examine potential for wind to power greenhouses
- 2022-05-04 Combining crops and solar panels is allowing Kenya to ‘harvest the sun twice’
- 2022-05-03 Freek Tromp to lead Dümmen Orange's Tropicals business
- 2022-04-25 Greenhouses provide potential risk of carbon leakage
- 2022-04-22 "Limited diesel availability causing issues"
- 2022-04-20 Greenhouse gas emissions exempted for big B.C. greenhouses
- 2022-04-15 Ireland: Rising farm output prices unlikely to fully offset higher production costs
- 2022-04-11 "Invest in air treatment, not only from an energy saving point of view"
- 2022-04-08 The future of growing without gas
- 2022-03-30 "Also in China, energy and energy resources are key challenges"
- 2022-03-22 UK suppliers stop contract prices, posing new challenges for growers
- 2022-03-18 Geothermal heat production in the Netherlands to grow very slightly by 2021
- 2022-03-17 NL: Maasdijk geothermal project kicked off, heat for 430 hectares of glass
- 2022-03-15 "In two or three years, all of our organic waste material will be recycled"
- 2022-03-14 Six paper mills shut down due to rising costs in Italy
- 2022-03-03 'Europe should be very wary of climate change'
- 2022-03-01 UK: Local produce suffering from soaring gas prices
- 2022-02-21 Update Rainlevelr: 281 hectares of glass in project by the end of 2021