- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Hort Americas offers growing mix for finished orchid plant production
As the US Orchid (specifically, the phalaenopsis orchid) market continued to grow and the economy changed it became very evident to both the orchid growers and Hort Americas that a local (or US made option) was a must.
"Our business partners (the grower) expect consistently high quality products," says Chris Higgins, General Manager of Hort Americas "and after many trials we are finally confident that we can deliver the Hort Americas Orchid Mix to our orchid growers in large volumes on a regular basis."
Hort Americas worked with the orchid growers and bark industry experts to design a orchid bark mix that met the Dutch Industry standards. The new products uses US Bark sources and is produced in South Carolina.
Currently Hort Americas is packaging their Bark Based Orchid Mix in 60 cubic foot bulk sacks and is working on smaller package sizes for growers of all sizes.
If you are a orchid grower and have questions on the Hort Americas Orchid Bark Mix, please contact Hort Americas directly. Hort Americas is eager to work with Orchid Growers of all sizes.
If you want to learn more about creating a Bark Based Product, please read this article from the Hort Americas Blog.
For more information:
Hort Americas, LLC
T: +1 469-532-2383
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-10-02 "Looking to open our North American operations early next year"
- 2023-09-29 AltaNova Sales splits into two companies
- 2023-09-29 Dümmen Orange welcomes new North American Product Manager for potted crops
- 2023-09-29 The American Floral Endowment becomes newest member of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative
- 2023-09-29 East African Magical Farms to expand carnation production hub in Kenya
- 2023-09-29 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Pymwymic and Horticoop invest in Vivent
- 2023-09-28 VHC takes over WICO Flowers nursery and grows to 24.5 ha santini production
- 2023-09-28 Royal FloraHolland signs letter of intent for Safe Enterprise quality mark
- 2023-09-28 US (FL): 72.2-acre nursery up for auction
- 2023-09-27 Garden Media Group celebrates 35 years in business
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Managing Director of The Bransford Webbs Plant Company to retire