Colombia is one of the world's foremost producers of flowers. In this video, every step in the cultivation of roses will be explained. from preparing the land till the flower is ready to be exported. This video is made at Agrícola Circasia, a 10 ha sized Colombian flower farm.
In this video, the importance of controlling the greenhouse climate is explained. "The ultimate cultivation of the rose is between 10 and 17 Degrees and ventilation is important to manage diseases like mildew and botrytis." Next to the climate, the soil is also important. "The soil PH should be between 5.5 and 6.5 in order to offer a good plant nutrition". Other subjects like, irrigating, fertilizing, removing old leaves and unproductive buds, monitoring diseases, using best practices, harvesting and offering good working conditions for their employees are being discussed in this video.
For more information:
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
from preparation of the ground till export flower:
Take a look at a Colombian rose farm
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 US (MI): Abele Greenhouse opens again after fire
- 2023-03-10 “I was looking for a solution which would help me create a very specific climate in my greenhouses"
- 2023-03-10 March on a flower farm
- 2023-03-09 This fabled orchid breeder loves to chat — just not about Trader Joe's orchids
- 2023-03-08 "Today, I see the fact that I’m a woman as an advantage"
- 2023-03-07 Tea growers make real horticultural tea together
- 2023-02-27 CAN (QC): A local Quebec flower farm is leading the way in The Slow Flowers Movement
- 2023-02-27 Introducing native perennials as cut flowers
- 2023-02-24 Alternative spring crops from Köder Gartenbau
- 2023-02-21 US (WI): Yoga in the greenhouse
- 2023-02-21 UK: "Why we're going peat-free?"
- 2023-02-20 Avri Farms starts pink hydrangea production in Ecuador
- 2023-02-20 NL: 365 days of summer with full-LED
- 2023-02-16 "We make sure the varieties are really grown as bulb-on-pot varieties"
- 2023-02-16 US (NJ): Farmer growing flowers a little greener thanks to grant to convert to geothermal heat
- 2023-02-16 Cyprus: Life for flower grower is no bed of roses
- 2023-02-16 A tour of the Colombian floriculture industry
- 2023-02-13 Flores El Capiro celebrates 10K container shipment of chrysanthemums
- 2023-02-10 “We can be more energy efficient while adjusting our electricity use based on energy price fluctuations”
- 2023-02-09 Kendi finds her life calling preserving beauty of blooms for up to 2 years