- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "The best in flower seeds thanks to our independence"
- Understanding basic principles of lighting and its effect on flower crops
- "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- UK: Glasshouse nursery to let in Selby
- This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
UK: David Colegrave Foundation orchids raise £1,000 for students
DCF and Garden Centre Fresh (GCF) the orchid supplier worked together to promote the collection at the show. Jessica Laurent, ex-horticulture student at Writtle College who was part of the orchid selection team and DCF trustee Nigel Wait from Barnsfold Nurseries, were also part of the show team.
Visitors could take an orchid home for a donation with the funds going directly towards scholarships for students studying horticulture in the UK. As well as raising enough money to provide a £1,000 scholarship, the collection which offers a distinctive fusion of summer colours and striking markings was very well received by retailers.
The Blue Diamond Group, one of the leading garden centre retail groups in the UK, was the first to sign up to stock the collection. James Nuttall from the Blue Diamond group says, “We are pleased to be able to support this project and will be stocking the DCF collection in our centres. Blue Diamond strongly believes in supporting young students in horticulture and by supporting projects like this we can play a part in raising the standards in our industry”.
Van Hage, will also be taking the collection. John Morgan from Van Hage says, “We need to bring ‘young blood’ into our industry, buy stocking the collection Van Hage can play its part in supporting young horticulturists”.
Following the successful launch at the show the collection has also been sold into Southdown’s Nurseries, Stratford Garden Centre and Orchard Park among others.
Nigel Wait, DCF Trustee says, “We are delighted at how well the DCF Orchid Collection was received by retailers at the show. We have already raised enough money to support a student on their horticultural journey just from the show and are excited to see the collection’s progress in store - with every sale we can offer more support to students”.
For more information
Brian Redman, Garden Centre Group Specialist
T: +44 07931 464 008
For more details on The David Colegrave Foundation visit www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Anthura Bologna: "irresistible"
- 2022-12-01 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-12-01 Millcreek Gardens introduces new account manager & office sales supervisor
- 2022-12-01 Podcast: Flower farming on Hawaii’s Big Island with Christian Ingalls of Daisy Dukes Flower Farm
- 2022-12-01 NL: AltaNova takes over Nertera cultivation from Kooij Nertera Natural
- 2022-12-01 This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
- 2022-12-01 New: Santini 'Jinda Red'
- 2022-12-01 "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- 2022-11-30 UK: New Leaf Plants teams up with Joy of Plants
- 2022-11-30 McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- 2022-11-30 Hoffman Nursery gives update on growing stock
- 2022-11-30 Centre for high-tech protected cropping systems launched to climate-proof crop production
- 2022-11-30 Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!