- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: David Colegrave Foundation orchids raise £1,000 for students
DCF and Garden Centre Fresh (GCF) the orchid supplier worked together to promote the collection at the show. Jessica Laurent, ex-horticulture student at Writtle College who was part of the orchid selection team and DCF trustee Nigel Wait from Barnsfold Nurseries, were also part of the show team.
Visitors could take an orchid home for a donation with the funds going directly towards scholarships for students studying horticulture in the UK. As well as raising enough money to provide a £1,000 scholarship, the collection which offers a distinctive fusion of summer colours and striking markings was very well received by retailers.
The Blue Diamond Group, one of the leading garden centre retail groups in the UK, was the first to sign up to stock the collection. James Nuttall from the Blue Diamond group says, “We are pleased to be able to support this project and will be stocking the DCF collection in our centres. Blue Diamond strongly believes in supporting young students in horticulture and by supporting projects like this we can play a part in raising the standards in our industry”.
Van Hage, will also be taking the collection. John Morgan from Van Hage says, “We need to bring ‘young blood’ into our industry, buy stocking the collection Van Hage can play its part in supporting young horticulturists”.
Following the successful launch at the show the collection has also been sold into Southdown’s Nurseries, Stratford Garden Centre and Orchard Park among others.
Nigel Wait, DCF Trustee says, “We are delighted at how well the DCF Orchid Collection was received by retailers at the show. We have already raised enough money to support a student on their horticultural journey just from the show and are excited to see the collection’s progress in store - with every sale we can offer more support to students”.
For more information
Brian Redman, Garden Centre Group Specialist
T: +44 07931 464 008
For more details on The David Colegrave Foundation visit www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 New hues on the North American market with BluOcean
- 2023-11-30 NL: Sales at Lankhaar Nursery under own management again
- 2023-11-30 Ceres opens an office in the World Horti Center
- 2023-11-30 "Cellulose nets will also gain a foothold in the conventional sector"
- 2023-11-30 Monrovia expands new plants team
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-29 24 DryGair units regulate the humidity at greenhouse of Dutch rose nursery Rozenkwekerij Van der Hulst
- 2023-11-29 40 types of Ecuadorian grown flowers at one place
- 2023-11-29 Pasadena Tournament of Roses honors passing of longest-living rose queen Margaret Huntley Main
- 2023-11-29 Rose farms AgroTerraNorte & TerraPacific from Ecuador develop Grupo del Pacifico, LLC. in the United States
- 2023-11-29 JetBlue donates 2M TrueBlue Points to Make-A-Wish
- 2023-11-29 Ronald Moerings Foundation donates €186,100 to AVL Foundation
- 2023-11-28 US (NB): USDA facility at Innovation Campus will start construction next year
- 2023-11-27 Former AIPH President Robert Mathis dies at 95
- 2023-11-27 Acuity to acquire Arize family of horti lighting from Current
- 2023-11-27 OZ-Hami and chain partners raise money for Pink Ribbon