- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: "Mother's Day rocked at supermarkets, but potted plants did not perform well"
- US: Byfield greenhouse, scene of a fatal accident, will reopen on Saturday
- Prepping up for the future: challenges now and then
- Court rejects California's blanket approval of pesticide spraying
- Avianca Cargo will bring additional freighters to expand its fleet capacity by up to 70%
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
UK: David Colegrave Foundation orchids raise £1,000 for students
DCF and Garden Centre Fresh (GCF) the orchid supplier worked together to promote the collection at the show. Jessica Laurent, ex-horticulture student at Writtle College who was part of the orchid selection team and DCF trustee Nigel Wait from Barnsfold Nurseries, were also part of the show team.
Visitors could take an orchid home for a donation with the funds going directly towards scholarships for students studying horticulture in the UK. As well as raising enough money to provide a £1,000 scholarship, the collection which offers a distinctive fusion of summer colours and striking markings was very well received by retailers.
The Blue Diamond Group, one of the leading garden centre retail groups in the UK, was the first to sign up to stock the collection. James Nuttall from the Blue Diamond group says, “We are pleased to be able to support this project and will be stocking the DCF collection in our centres. Blue Diamond strongly believes in supporting young students in horticulture and by supporting projects like this we can play a part in raising the standards in our industry”.
Van Hage, will also be taking the collection. John Morgan from Van Hage says, “We need to bring ‘young blood’ into our industry, buy stocking the collection Van Hage can play its part in supporting young horticulturists”.
Following the successful launch at the show the collection has also been sold into Southdown’s Nurseries, Stratford Garden Centre and Orchard Park among others.
Nigel Wait, DCF Trustee says, “We are delighted at how well the DCF Orchid Collection was received by retailers at the show. We have already raised enough money to support a student on their horticultural journey just from the show and are excited to see the collection’s progress in store - with every sale we can offer more support to students”.
For more information
Brian Redman, Garden Centre Group Specialist
T: +44 07931 464 008
For more details on The David Colegrave Foundation visit www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-27 Portugal: Rovensa acquires biostimulants producer Cosmocel
- 2022-05-26 KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- 2022-05-26 Tanya O’Brien named Sales Operations Manager at Pleasant View Gardens
- 2022-05-26 Ethiopian Airlines to order five 777 Freighters
- 2022-05-26 Growing together: Collaboration is key for Walmart Canada and B.C.'s Rainbow Greenhouses
- 2022-05-26 Dirty LED fittings clean in no time with special cleaning cloth
- 2022-05-25 UK: Jenny Douthwaite is the new president of GIMA
- 2022-05-25 Hillier has become a Government accredited training provider
- 2022-05-25 Discover Mayer's new digital product catalog
- 2022-05-25 USDA releases floriculture estimates
- 2022-05-25 "Together with roses and lilies, chrysanthemums form our top three best-selling cut flower varieties"
- 2022-05-25 Crop scouting app for faster data collection
- 2022-05-25 Clever design shows pot-plant combination and prevents falling over
- 2022-05-24 Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- 2022-05-24 Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- 2022-05-24 The American Horticultural Society (AHS) and national partners launch “the 50 state flower garden project”
- 2022-05-24 Donation to Prinses Máxima Center is the crown on the 160th anniversary celebrations
- 2022-05-24 Celebrate women in horticulture week
- 2022-05-23 US (CO): "We look forward to expanding our nature-based growing solutions"
- 2022-05-23 Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses