- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dick den Breejen, Ednie Flower Bulb:
"US (CA) "Harvesting of Easter lilies will start earlier this year"
“A few weeks ago all the flowers were removed from the plants, to stimulate growth of the bulbs. The bigger bulbs will be shipped to greenhouses in the fall to begin growing them for flower production. Right now the Easter Lily grower is also checking the bulbs for healthy roots.”
“This year, we were able to get some good pictures of the fields full of white flowers. Usually it’s raining or foggy at this time of year, but this year we were able to enjoy the beauty of creation in the lily fields for several weeks,” den Breejen added.
The removal of the flowers of the Easter Lilies.
Harvesting needs to start early this year so that shipping of Easter Lily bulbs can begin around the first of October. This is for greenhouse growers who cool their own bulbs. Bulbs cooled by Ednie Flower Bulb are scheduled to ship six weeks later. Those Easter Lily bulbs are planted by greenhouse growers immediately upon arrival and then placed in the greenhouses. According to den Breejen, the final product needs to be ready for stores two to three weeks prior to Easter of 2016.
For more information
Ednie Flower Bulbs
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- 2022-04-22 US (MN): Tulip season is just about there, but this Lakeville farm won't be able to open
- 2022-03-23 "It's so painful as a farmer to do everything' right' and then get hammered by the rain"
- 2021-07-05 US: Farmworker advocates renew call for extreme heat rules after Oregon laborer dies
- 2021-06-15 NL: Millions and millions of blooming peonies in Limburg
- 2021-05-24 Greece: First-of-its-kind flower smells like dead insects to imprison coffin flies
- 2021-05-14 CAN: P.E.I. monks work to open tulip field despite COVID-19 protocols, plant disease
- 2021-04-29 Wicked tulips flower farm in Exeter celebrates opening weekend
- 2021-04-26 Kashmir: tulip garden witnesses steep decline in visitors
- 2021-04-21 Traveling 60 km daily: the life of a tulip gardener in Kashmir
- 2021-04-21 NL: Aerials show sea of tulips in bloom at famed flower park
- 2021-04-16 Keukenhof spring series - new parts presented
- 2021-04-09 Floriculture: A boom for doubling the income in Kashmir valley
- 2021-04-07 Bengaluru farmers use wastewater to grow plants
- 2021-04-07 Visitors flock to California's flower fields
- 2021-02-18 US (CA): Carlsbad Flower Fields to kick off spring season on March 1
- 2021-02-09 New online academic research library launched
- 2021-02-09 Study on how flower diversity might mitigate insecticide effect on wild bees
- 2021-01-29 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2020-11-05 "Involvement starts with the right communication"