- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
4-6 November in Vijfhuizen:
Netherlands: IFTF World of Flowers: for the florist of the future
The flower shop of tomorrow
The immense challenges that the future will bring are central to the IFTF World of Flowers event. You may think, for example, of the rapidly changing market and the parties that (will) define that market, but also the exponential growth of modern media and digital technology, which demands a lot of the florist. Meanwhile, the consumer and his buying behaviour keep changing as well. How does a florist formulate answers to these complex challenges?
To contribute to solutions to these vital issues, IFTF World of Flowers will present the ‘flower shop of tomorrow’ for the florist of the future! What does such a flower shop look like? It’s a shop where change is embraced, and passion reigns; a shop where the consumer is regularly rediscovered; a place where, in this case, inspiring floral design demonstrations constantly take place, by Dutch top florists like Dini Holtrop, Bert Kuiper and other luminaries.
The event program
IFTF is a successful international floriculture and horticulture trade fair at the Expo Haarlemmermeer in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands. Mainly international, but also some Dutch, suppliers present their flowers there. A smaller-scale event catering to florists and niche products took place during IFTF last year. This time around, IFTF is expanding it into a more elaborate event: IFTF World of Flowers, in collaboration with Florint and Green Team Consultancy+.
The program of the World of Flowers event is, to a large extent, set in stone already. The appearance of the ‘flower shop of the future’ will vary, depending on the time. On Wednesday, November 4th, there will be a major bridal work demonstration. On Friday, November 6th, Florint will organize its annual Member’s Congress at the IFTF World of Flowers site. The theme of that congress is also ‘The Florist of the Future’, so there will be all kinds of interesting links between the congress and the show next door.
Tailor-made for the florist
For florists, there is clearly every reason to visit IFTF 2015. World of Flowers is guaranteed to provide answers to some of the fundamental questions that today’s (and tomorrow’s) florist is forced to come to grips with. And will offer tools that allow you to face the future in a well-prepared and confident fashion.
The event also aims to strengthen the communication between florists and the other parties to the floriculture chain. Growers, breeders and suppliers of decorative materials are therefore also welcome at IFTF World of Flowers. Whatever the flower shop of the future may end up looking like, after all, there cannot be a flower shop without florist products.
(Companies will therefore be able to showcase these during the event. Not via stands, but there will be room for smaller product presentations, digital if so desired).
Whoever wants to know more about the various possibilities can send an email to Marcel Groen of Green Team Consultancy+, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 South Korea: The Suncheonman International Garden Expo to be held on April 1
- 2023-09-27 The Giant Company recognizes top performing floral team members
- 2023-09-27 Nominees for the 2023 Dutch Flower Awards announced
- 2023-09-27 National Garden Bureau’s Green Thumb Award now accepting entries
- 2023-09-26 US (CA): Finalists selected for The Pasadena Tournament of Roses 2024 Royal Court
- 2023-09-26 Lots of interest at UK florist for Flower Circus flower shows
- 2023-09-25 International seed sector discusses biodiversity and corporate social responsibility
- 2023-09-25 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Pasadena Tournament of Roses announces fourth annual Día De Los Muertos Art Competition
- 2023-09-25 Impression Kunming International Flower Expo in China
- 2023-09-25 Six Dutch growers organize 'the sustainable trade show of the future'
- 2023-09-25 Funding for growers: Biosecurity Improvement Initiative under SCAP program
- 2023-09-22 India: Festive demand firms-up flower prices
- 2023-09-22 New Zealand: Flower show marks 40 years
- 2023-09-22 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-22 Dümmen Orange Plant Scientist Receives 2023 Paul Ecke Jr. Award from San Diego Botanic Garden
- 2023-09-22 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-22 GlobalGAP prepares the industry for integrated farm assurance version 6
- 2023-09-21 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-21 2024 Horticultural Entrepreneur Award ceremony on March 6