- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
4-6 November in Vijfhuizen:
Netherlands: IFTF World of Flowers: for the florist of the future
The flower shop of tomorrow
The immense challenges that the future will bring are central to the IFTF World of Flowers event. You may think, for example, of the rapidly changing market and the parties that (will) define that market, but also the exponential growth of modern media and digital technology, which demands a lot of the florist. Meanwhile, the consumer and his buying behaviour keep changing as well. How does a florist formulate answers to these complex challenges?
To contribute to solutions to these vital issues, IFTF World of Flowers will present the ‘flower shop of tomorrow’ for the florist of the future! What does such a flower shop look like? It’s a shop where change is embraced, and passion reigns; a shop where the consumer is regularly rediscovered; a place where, in this case, inspiring floral design demonstrations constantly take place, by Dutch top florists like Dini Holtrop, Bert Kuiper and other luminaries.
The event program
IFTF is a successful international floriculture and horticulture trade fair at the Expo Haarlemmermeer in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands. Mainly international, but also some Dutch, suppliers present their flowers there. A smaller-scale event catering to florists and niche products took place during IFTF last year. This time around, IFTF is expanding it into a more elaborate event: IFTF World of Flowers, in collaboration with Florint and Green Team Consultancy+.
The program of the World of Flowers event is, to a large extent, set in stone already. The appearance of the ‘flower shop of the future’ will vary, depending on the time. On Wednesday, November 4th, there will be a major bridal work demonstration. On Friday, November 6th, Florint will organize its annual Member’s Congress at the IFTF World of Flowers site. The theme of that congress is also ‘The Florist of the Future’, so there will be all kinds of interesting links between the congress and the show next door.
Tailor-made for the florist
For florists, there is clearly every reason to visit IFTF 2015. World of Flowers is guaranteed to provide answers to some of the fundamental questions that today’s (and tomorrow’s) florist is forced to come to grips with. And will offer tools that allow you to face the future in a well-prepared and confident fashion.
The event also aims to strengthen the communication between florists and the other parties to the floriculture chain. Growers, breeders and suppliers of decorative materials are therefore also welcome at IFTF World of Flowers. Whatever the flower shop of the future may end up looking like, after all, there cannot be a flower shop without florist products.
(Companies will therefore be able to showcase these during the event. Not via stands, but there will be room for smaller product presentations, digital if so desired).
Whoever wants to know more about the various possibilities can send an email to Marcel Groen of Green Team Consultancy+, at email@example.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper
- 2022-11-23 US (TX): Irrigation design workshops set December 13-15 in College Station
- 2022-11-22 US (IA): Noelridge Greenhouse to host tropical-themed holiday event in December
- 2022-11-22 Impression Schoneveld Cyclamen Open Days
- 2022-11-21 A wellness day with horticultural science
- 2022-11-21 Secure your place at the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2023
- 2022-11-21 Hillier partners with BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair for the third year running
- 2022-11-18 Trade Fair Aalsmeer: a hive of activity
- 2022-11-18 New lily named after top footballer Shinji Ono
- 2022-11-17 Dutchman with a garden centre in Berlin receives Taspo Award
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Economic and political analysis & points of view for the industry
- 2022-11-15 French orchid experts offer training in Kingdom
- 2022-11-15 Great ornamental plant demonstration day