- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Stephan Vernooij and Annemarieke Hooij, Visions;
"Internet and digital photography changed our business completely"
Stephan Vernooij and Annemarieke Hooij
In 2005, the company went online and changed a lot. The customers search in a digital image library with more than 300,000 photos in it. If they make an account, they can order them as well. This is way different than how it used to be. "Delegations from the other side of the world passed by often and would spend a whole afternoon staring into the dia archive," said Annemarieke Hooij. "We still have that dia archive," adds Stephan Vernooij, also the account manager at Visions. "It is a waste to throw it away. It remains special and every now and then someone needs a specific photo that we took a long time ago and which is not in the digital library."
The studio where the photography of plants and flowers takes place. Beside this studio there are rooms for production photography, culinary photography, a space for time-lapse videos, the dia archive and an office room.
Digitalization changed photography completely and it didn't get easier on the market either. Everyone has the right equipment to take some nice photos nowadays. "But that's not true," says Stephan Vernooij. "The quality is unmistakable when you realize that the consumer can't see the plant blossom and only sees that one picture that you took. The colour is the most important part of a picture from plants and flowers and this is not very easy to create. Beside, we have the knowledge about botanics: when is a plant at its peak and what are the best circumstances. And taking a perfect picture under pressure is quite difficult."
Besides plants and flowers, Visions also does commercial and product photography. Like fashion, interior, commercials, food as well as yachts. Another upcoming thing is making videos. Annemarieke knows that if people search for something they often search for videos. "Instead of google they place their search item in youtube. Many companies want to present themselves through that way and Visions can help them with that."
For more information:
Meer en Duin 80
T: +31 (0)252 420 446
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 New hues on the North American market with BluOcean
- 2023-11-30 NL: Sales at Lankhaar Nursery under own management again
- 2023-11-30 Ceres opens an office in the World Horti Center
- 2023-11-30 "Cellulose nets will also gain a foothold in the conventional sector"
- 2023-11-30 Monrovia expands new plants team
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-29 24 DryGair units regulate the humidity at greenhouse of Dutch rose nursery Rozenkwekerij Van der Hulst
- 2023-11-29 40 types of Ecuadorian grown flowers at one place
- 2023-11-29 Pasadena Tournament of Roses honors passing of longest-living rose queen Margaret Huntley Main
- 2023-11-29 Rose farms AgroTerraNorte & TerraPacific from Ecuador develop Grupo del Pacifico, LLC. in the United States
- 2023-11-29 JetBlue donates 2M TrueBlue Points to Make-A-Wish
- 2023-11-29 Ronald Moerings Foundation donates €186,100 to AVL Foundation
- 2023-11-28 US (NB): USDA facility at Innovation Campus will start construction next year
- 2023-11-27 Former AIPH President Robert Mathis dies at 95
- 2023-11-27 Acuity to acquire Arize family of horti lighting from Current
- 2023-11-27 OZ-Hami and chain partners raise money for Pink Ribbon