- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
20,000 Florigene Moonlite carnations
US: NBA-team Lakers participates in Rose Parade
The 30-foot-tall, 18-foot-wide and 55-foot-long float will feature more than 20,000 Florigene Moonlite carnations grown especially for this entry and Kerio roses, perfectly matching the Lakers purple and gold team colors. Adding to the vivacity of the entry, Calypso mokara orchids, cattleya orchids and blue vanda orchids will accent the purple tones while oncidium orchids, forsythia, gerbera daisies, Asiatic lilies and button chrysanthemums will accentuate the gold.
Continuing with the floral arrangements, red lentil provides the orange of the giant basketball, and the hot oranges of the exploding fireworks are created with Corvette, Voodoo and High and Magic roses. Casino anthurium and miniature gourds will provide added orange accents.
“The Rose Parade is a timeless tradition on New Year’s Day and the Lakers are enthusiastic to celebrate the start of 2016 with the rest of the country in this fashion,” said Lakers President Jeanie Buss. “Our entry into the Rose Parade is the first of its kind for an NBA team, and we’re looking forward to joining the spirited festivities.”
Designed by Charles Meier and built by Paradiso Parade Floats, the show-stopping entry reflects the excitement and energy of the Lakers franchise. Framed inside of a gigantic Lakers logo, at the front of the float will ride special Lakers guests with a replica of the NBA championship trophy, while the Laker Girls will perform alongside the float. Centered on the float will be a ground-breaking, innovatively designed giant animated basketball that spins while circling a rim, recreating the moment of ultimate suspense in the final seconds of a closely contested basketball game. Adding to the excitement, real fireworks and a burst of streamers will be fired from the base of the hoop. The giant hoop will also have 16 stars encircling it to symbolize the organization’s championships, while the rear of the float will have 10 jerseys of Laker greats. Lastly, the shape of the rear platform is engineered in such a way to suggest rippling water, paying homage to the Lakers’ Minnesota origins.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-31 A simple idea to increase online sales
- 2022-10-12 Floriade Expo 2022 prequel to Hortus, a sustainable urban district
- 2022-09-22 How to build an on-demand flower delivery app like Floward?
- 2022-09-08 India: Kerala smells a change, flowers bloom on farms
- 2022-09-02 Consumer trends are unique to each generation
- 2022-08-26 What should you be posting on social media?
- 2022-08-23 How consumer shopping continues to evolve after pandemic
- 2022-08-23 Market flowers to millennials and generation Z
- 2022-08-22 Costa Farms pivots to consumer marketing
- 2022-08-17 Flowers sold at low price to avoid waste in Koyambedu
- 2022-08-17 Why should all companies with an interest in the U.S. market participate in “That Flower Feeling“ campaign?
- 2022-08-12 "The consumer is not standing next to the plants with a laptop to see if they meet the right specifications"
- 2022-08-12 SAF's Petal it Forward on October 19, 2022
- 2022-08-09 National Garden Bureau rolls out six plant classes for the 2023 “Year of the” Program
- 2022-07-21 7 top Facebook trends for 2022 to incorporate into marketing strategy
- 2022-07-04 Schoneveld Breeding portal: more marketing materials available
- 2022-06-15 US (OH): ScottsMiracle-Gro reduces outlook for sales
- 2022-06-07 The opportunities and possibilities of a single packaging unit sticker
- 2022-06-02 Five points to consider when developing flower industry website
- 2022-05-24 ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value