- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Selling old vases to control inventory
Ugly vase challenge
“I think they probably have $10,000 in containers down there,” said Huckabee, who quickly noted that the container backup at Hawley’s isn’t unusual. “It’s human nature for a designer, working in the design room, to reach for the closest container,” rather than the vase hiding in storage.
To combat the problem, Hawley’s will soon incentivize team members to sell those unused containers. In fact, Fernandes, a former paralegal who purchased the longtime florist in September, said she’s already challenged her designers to move through the containers by focusing on the worst first.
“We called it the ugly vase challenge, and it was amazing,” she said, adding that the language is only used internally. “I told the designers to go in and pick out the ugliest one and make something new — two out of three designs sold right away!”
That’s just one of the solutions Huckabee, of Floral Strategies, is cooking up for the shop, which received the Gary Buckwald Scholarship for Excellence in Floral Sales and Service during SAF Amelia Island 2015. The scholarship was created in 2012 as a collaboration between Floral Strategies, Syndicate Sales, which sponsors the sales training, and the Society of American Florists.
As the scholarship recipient, the Hawley’s team will receive more than $10K worth of sales and customer service training, education, and ongoing support from FloralStrategies.
Source: Society of American Florists
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 How discerning are consumers toward floristry design principles and how much are they willing to pay?
- 2023-11-28 "Flowerful and colorful holidays with Giada Graziani"
- 2023-11-28 China: Exploring Yunnan's blossoming business frontier
- 2023-11-28 China: Hefty investment helps flower industry come up roses in Linxia
- 2023-11-22 "Crafting unforgettable moments is a true passion"
- 2023-11-21 US (NC): Consumers and florists differ on floral arrangements
- 2023-11-16 Danziger Partners with Moss Hill Foliage for Floresta program
- 2023-11-15 China: Flower project boosts incomes in Gansu
- 2023-11-14 NZ: From a small garden patch to a flower subscription service
- 2023-11-14 Are Dutch growers heading for power?
- 2023-11-13 Interflora thrives in India
- 2023-11-13 Malaysia: Florists in Kathmandu get busy plucking flowers as Tihar festival begins in Nepal
- 2023-11-10 "Flower-sitters" adorn Chinese houses with blossoming makeovers
- 2023-11-08 "New Oasis Forage product line empowers gardeners"
- 2023-11-08 The season sets the tone. Winter arrangements from Hanneke Frankema
- 2023-11-07 Ukraine: Golden autumn adorns Kharkiv eco-park: traditional chrysanthemum ball unveiled