- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Harry Bouwmans, Desch Plantpak:
"With your own packaging concept you can go the extra mile"
Harry Bouwmans at the Proflora in Bogota, Colombia.
"Growers are specialized in the cultivation of their plants, but have less focus on marketing their plants. Many growers are already using pots to add value to their plants. However, in order to differentiate from the competition, they know they should go the extra mile. Introducing a concept for example," explains Bouwmans. So, in order to meet this demand, Desch Plantpak developed a trend book named ‘Colour Your Story’. This trend book is inspired by the trends in fashion and interior of the upcoming season. "With this book and our advice we can inspire and inform growers and retailers to create their own concept," says Bouwmans.
As many of these decorative pots replace the standard plastic pots, they should fit in the existing production process of the growers. "Increasingly more growers are going to automate these processes, it is important that these pots will work well in their potting machines. Therefore, it is important that the pots have a certain quality and features which make them suitable for automation," explains Bouwmans. Besides that, a high quality pot is also important for the customer. "As customers do not have to re-pot the plant, the pot should have a longer shelf life, which means high quality."
The colour your story trend book. For spring/summer 2016 Desch Plantpak selected three colour themes; LOL, Natural and Clear.
"Worldwide, the potted plant markets are in a certain phase. Therefore, there is a demand for different products in different markets," says Bouwmans. The European market, for example is in a quite mature phase, while other markets outside Europe are in a growing phase. This trend is visible in the demand for different kinds of pots, containers and trays. "So, in order to meet these different demands in these different countries, a broad range and experience and knowledge about exporting the products all over the world is needed," says Bouwmans. This is also something Desch Plantpak has worked on over the last years. "Now, our assortment consists of a broad range of products and we have gained a lot of knowledge regarding exporting."
Next to a broad product range, flexibility is also important. "Tailor-made pots are becoming increasingly more popular. Over the years, we invested in our machine park, which enables us to be more flexible regarding adjusting the pots to the needs of our growers," says Bouwmans.
For more information
Desch Plantpak B.V.
Harry Bouwmans , International Sales Manager
T: +31 (0) 416 562 414
M: +31 (0) 6 53805006
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-13 US (FL): UF working to expand options for decorative holiday plants
- 2023-11-10 US (MN): Begonias top annual plant trial in Morris
- 2023-11-03 "Low-Profile trays address growers' most pressing issues"
- 2023-10-31 "SunMagic Vintage is a great garden performer"
- 2023-10-25 Phalaenopsis as tenacious: bud drop sensitive during transport
- 2023-10-19 Sion to present more than 200 varieties at "Sion Open November"
- 2023-10-10 The orchid obsession: How science and smuggling meet in a global trade
- 2023-10-06 Air So Pure air-purifying plants shine in De Grote Tuinverbouwing
- 2023-09-21 Dümmen Orange team describes new Cosmo Compact pot chrysanthemum
- 2023-09-11 Exposing Australia's online trade in pest plants
- 2023-07-18 US (UT): New greenhouse sprouts at Trailside Park
- 2023-06-28 Charmelia campaign launched
- 2023-06-28 Proven Winners unveils new Campfire Marshmallow Bidens
- 2023-06-15 Printing pots with labels automatically
- 2023-06-14 "Say goodbye to plastic and hello to a greener future with deco rice hull pot"
- 2023-06-14 "Salvia Magical Series blooms early and with instant volume on the pot"