- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Harry Bouwmans, Desch Plantpak:
"With your own packaging concept you can go the extra mile"
Harry Bouwmans at the Proflora in Bogota, Colombia.
"Growers are specialized in the cultivation of their plants, but have less focus on marketing their plants. Many growers are already using pots to add value to their plants. However, in order to differentiate from the competition, they know they should go the extra mile. Introducing a concept for example," explains Bouwmans. So, in order to meet this demand, Desch Plantpak developed a trend book named ‘Colour Your Story’. This trend book is inspired by the trends in fashion and interior of the upcoming season. "With this book and our advice we can inspire and inform growers and retailers to create their own concept," says Bouwmans.
As many of these decorative pots replace the standard plastic pots, they should fit in the existing production process of the growers. "Increasingly more growers are going to automate these processes, it is important that these pots will work well in their potting machines. Therefore, it is important that the pots have a certain quality and features which make them suitable for automation," explains Bouwmans. Besides that, a high quality pot is also important for the customer. "As customers do not have to re-pot the plant, the pot should have a longer shelf life, which means high quality."
The colour your story trend book. For spring/summer 2016 Desch Plantpak selected three colour themes; LOL, Natural and Clear.
"Worldwide, the potted plant markets are in a certain phase. Therefore, there is a demand for different products in different markets," says Bouwmans. The European market, for example is in a quite mature phase, while other markets outside Europe are in a growing phase. This trend is visible in the demand for different kinds of pots, containers and trays. "So, in order to meet these different demands in these different countries, a broad range and experience and knowledge about exporting the products all over the world is needed," says Bouwmans. This is also something Desch Plantpak has worked on over the last years. "Now, our assortment consists of a broad range of products and we have gained a lot of knowledge regarding exporting."
Next to a broad product range, flexibility is also important. "Tailor-made pots are becoming increasingly more popular. Over the years, we invested in our machine park, which enables us to be more flexible regarding adjusting the pots to the needs of our growers," says Bouwmans.
For more information
Desch Plantpak B.V.
Harry Bouwmans , International Sales Manager
T: +31 (0) 416 562 414
M: +31 (0) 6 53805006
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Proven Winners must-have annuals for spring
- 2022-11-09 Dümmen Orange and Schneider to collaborate on rooting and sales of perennials
- 2022-11-07 UK halts poinsettia import
- 2022-11-07 CA: Burlington woman's entrepreneurial success rooted in plants
- 2022-10-27 "A plant with many advantages"
- 2022-10-25 This London 'plant dating' pop-up helps match plantparents and their plants
- 2022-10-24 Heat-tolerant and water-saving: the large-flowered kalanchoe series “calor”
- 2022-10-24 "Thanks to Taylor Swift’s song, lavender now linked to romance"
- 2022-10-17 Filigrow Sofia launched at GrootGroenPlus
- 2022-10-14 Early Ornamentals launches new 2023 products and catalogs
- 2022-10-13 Indoor plant greenhouse takes Poetizer’s Prague offices to a higher level
- 2022-10-05 Bailey publishes 2023 First Editions catalog
- 2022-09-29 New lightweight orchid pot with drainage and aeration features showcased
- 2022-09-28 Water-saving tools for flower growers
- 2022-09-09 Temperature Tiny Forest up to 20 degrees lower than on the streets on hot days
- 2022-09-02 White Diamonds Panicle Hydrangea earns five stars
- 2022-08-23 Ferry-Morse returns with Fall Plantling line
- 2022-08-17 Patch launches UK's first plant paramedic service to save dying houseplants
- 2022-08-12 EPA Application for 11 houseplant species formally received
- 2022-08-11 Houseplants can positively impact your mental health, according to researchers