The 12th edition of International Flower Expo Tokyo (IFEX), together with GARDEX, TOOL JAPAN and AGRI WORLD, has drawn a record number of 42,368 visitors over three days. This year IFEX welcomed 507 exhibitors with flowers and related products who would like to expand their business in the market. The show is unique in that so many Japanese flower growers gather at one place. Over 200 Japanese growers exhibited this year to meet Japanese and international buyers.
FloralDaily.com was also present to make a full photo report of the 12th edition of this show. Click here for the entire photo report.
Not only Japanese companies but many overseas flower growers have utilized IFEX as a gateway to the Japanese market. This year, the show welcomed exhibitors from 4 continents: Asia, Africa, South America and Europe.
IFEX Flower Awards
This contest was to decide “the future best sells” by Japan’s leading flower shops and famous flower designers, and it was held for the first time. 111 varieties were nominated this year and 3 category winners – Cut Flower, Potted Flower and Overseas Growers – were chosen among them. Winning flowers were guaranteed to be promoted in Japan’s major flower shops and flower schools actively. Japanese consumers will see these flowers in many stores in Japan soon.
The contest was held in the evening of the day before the show, and prize winning flowers were presented in the special exhibit area during the three day show period. The special exhibit area proved to be a popular destination for visitors. Many leading breeders see the awards as the best way to promote their varieties in Japan and Show Management expect a lot more nominations for the next Awards.
Click here for the photo report.
For more information
IFEX Show Management
18F Shinjuku-Nomura Bldg., 1-26-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo 163-0570, Japan
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end
- 2023-03-15 Impression WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-15 Autonomous Greenhouse – Improving Production and Sustainability
- 2023-03-15 US: Sea of colors at the Tulipalooza Festival in North Texas
- 2023-03-15 Busy times at the 2023 Great Lakes Floral & Event Expo
- 2023-03-15 UK: Arena Flowers launches Livestream Shopping shows for flowers
- 2023-03-14 "This way, visitors can explore a whole range of European spring plants"
- 2023-03-14 NL: Excellence Roses certificates awarded, brings total assortment to 66
- 2023-03-14 Grow Pro webinar series lineup released
- 2023-03-13 US (PA): Mercer County Community College Horticulture program wins gold at 2023 Philadelphia flower show with sustainable show-stopping display