- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
California Cut Flower Commission:
"US (CA): "Flower champion" Farr announces retirement"
Farr's legacy as a legislator includes the formation of the California Cut Flower Commission. During his tenure as a member of the California State Assembly, Farr was a key sponsor and helped pass AB 2575 which was later signed into law by Gov. George Deukmejian in 1990.
"Always positive, always encouraging, we appreciate that Congressman Farr's support for our California flower farmers has been a priority throughout his entire political career," described CCFC CEO & Ambassador Kasey Cronquist. "It was his leadership that helped to form the California Cut Flower Commission in 1990 and the Congressional Cut Flower Caucus in 2014. He has been a true champion for California's flower farmers."
CCFC Chair Chad Nelson presenting Congressman Sam Farr with a plaque of recognition for his service to flower farmers of California
Farr explained his decision to retire saying: "For years, my wife, Shary, has asked me to come home. She's right. It's time. It's time to come home and spend time with her and with my daughter, Jessica, and my grandkids, Ella and Zach. Time marches on and I am getting older; I want to spend more time with them."
Congressman Farr meeting with a delegation of CCFC flower farmers during their annual fly-in
The 20th district overlaps with the districts of state Sen. Bill Monning, Assemblyman Mark Stone and Assemblyman Luis Alejo who is termed out and planning to run for the Monterey County Board of Supervisors in 2016.
Other names in the mix to succeed Farr are Anna Caballero, a former Democratic assemblywoman; Jerry Panetta, Monterey County prosecutor and son of political icon Leon Panetta; and Casey Lucius who has already announced her candidacy.
Source: California Cut Flower Commission
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Tulip Experience voted 'Best Hidden Gem of the Netherlands'
- 2023-09-22 Garden centres and retail can create their own poster with Royal Van Zanten’s poster generator
- 2023-09-22 Evanthia to celebrate 10th anniversary
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-21 New service concept Plantion Shop & Go introduced in the Netherlands
- 2023-09-21 US: 1-800-Flowers.com to hire over 8,000 seasonal associates nationwide this holiday season
- 2023-09-20 Crayola and Mrs. Bloom launch Crayola Flowers
- 2023-09-20 Jimmy McCanlies joins Monrovia sales team
- 2023-09-20 Star Roses and Plants unveils 2024 woody ornamentals and edible catalogs
- 2023-09-20 Luke van Adrichem appointed as CEO of Metazet FormFlex
- 2023-09-20 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-20 Brian Lynch appointed as head of horti technology at Vineland
- 2023-09-20 Dutch flower grower makes gains on all fronts with new grading machine
- 2023-09-20 'Bulb Boy', Allan Visser: "We must commit to resilient cultivation with green agents and resistant varieties"
- 2023-09-19 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary
- 2023-09-19 Mertens is Decorum's new 'preferred supplier'
- 2023-09-18 NL: "Relocation enables growth"
- 2023-09-18 "How flexible can you be when you can only adjust intensity?"
- 2023-09-18 United Flower Growers celebrates 60 years
- 2023-09-18 "Blume2000 goes beyond selling flowers and plants alone"