- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Armando Paoloni, AP Network:
"Outsourcing: "the best option when entering new markets"
This is explained by Armando Paoloni of AP Network, an independent business developer, who is active in the acquisition, sales and interim management for companies around the globe. "Our aim is to 'relieve' companies from time consuming, cost intensive and risk involving activities."
Supplying the customers of your customers
The flower supply chain is becoming shorter as the ornamental sector has to deal with thin margins. More and more companies are supplying the customers of their customers. "A recent trend we see, is that companies are establishing a farm abroad which supplies to their home market, where they also have an office. Some large growers, for example, established a farm in South America and an office in the Netherlands. Their flowers are being grown abroad and are being supplied directly to the florist in Europe. In this way, no exporter/importer or middlemen is needed anymore, so the yield is higher," says Paoloni.
More direct partners more risks
However, the majority of growers/exporters do not have their own office abroad, but are dealing with direct partners. Even though this way of supplying increases the yields, it also involves more risks. When searching for new markets - and many growers are currently forced to do so due to the decrease in demand and prices in for example the Russian market , a major market for many - finding the right and trustworthy buyers is not always that easy. This also counts the other way around. Also increasingly more buyers are looking for direct partners as it will reduce their costs. Therefore, they also have to deal with more risks. In order to reduce the risks, for both the growers and the buyers, Paoloni started to offer a service which will 'relief' both parties. "As I am in the business of exporting flowers and plants for 25 years, I can find and connect the growers with the right buyers and the right buyers with the right growers. Besides that, there will be no language-barrier as my team and I master the English, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Dutch language."
Save time and money
The services of AP Network will not only reduce the risks but will also save companies time and money. "Usually when a grower/exporter wants to enter new markets they have to put in a lot of energy and costs to successfully enter this new market. For example, they have to invest time in discovering the market themselves or invest money in hiring a new employee who will evaluate the opportunities in a certain market. As AP Network is working on a interim basis, this will save the company both time and money."
Besides finding new markets, ways to enter these markets and connecting companies, AP Network also assists companies in their commercial activities. "For Atlantis, for example, one of my partners is an exporter with companies in Italy and Austria, and I handle a part of the sales here in the Netherlands. I know the Dutch market, master the language and the office is strategically located in Woubrugge, the Netherlands; within 20 minutes I am at the Westland area, Schiphol and FloraHolland. Therefore Atlantis does not have to put more effort in his sales over there. And as I am doing this job on an interim basis, they can make use of my services whenever they want," he says.
For more information:
Armando Paoloni, business developer
2481LZ Woubrugge NL
M: +31 (0)6 12 049 709
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 Limex celebrates 30-year anniversary with open day
- 2023-10-03 Growtec opens North American office
- 2023-10-03 Rose and Rose rootstock culture groups pull together
- 2023-10-03 Jack Maruna joins Stuppy Greenhouses as regional sales manager
- 2023-10-03 DeVry Greenhouses joins ThinkPlants perennial young plant network
- 2023-10-03 Komet Sales acquires Unosof to expand capabilities in the cultivation segment
- 2023-10-03 CAN (ON): The party is on at the inauguration of Van der Ende's new office in Kingsville
- 2023-10-02 "Looking to open our North American operations early next year"
- 2023-10-02 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 AltaNova Sales splits into two companies
- 2023-09-29 Dümmen Orange welcomes new North American Product Manager for potted crops
- 2023-09-29 The American Floral Endowment becomes newest member of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative
- 2023-09-29 East African Magical Farms to expand carnation production hub in Kenya
- 2023-09-29 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"