- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
General Members' Meeting
Royal FloraHolland on track for 2020
In Naaldwijk the members attended the annual GMM to vote on the rates for 2016, the standard repayment of a members' loan annual installment and various appointments. "Last year we plotted a clear direction to take with 2020 as our target on the horizon. It is good to see that we are on track to achieve the set goals," said Lucas Vos, CEO of FloraHolland. "The task is definitely clear: Flowering the World Together, Planting Seeds of Opportunity for our Members."
Annual plan and budget
Traditionally, during the GMM in December, the current financial status and the annual plan and budget for next year are reviewed. Rens Buchwaldt, CFO, briefly explained the plans for modernizing the financing of the cooperative. These plans will take on concrete form in 2016. The Management Board of FloraHolland expects an increase in sales of just over 3% in 2016. While the clock sales continue to decline, FloraHolland anticipates seeing the initial results of the growth-oriented initiatives from FloraHolland 2020 in 2016.
"Although we are leaving the rates unchanged, we still expect to cover the costs of implementing FloraHolland 2020 with our income," confirmed Rens. "With the promotional contribution from the trade, we can also carry out additional sector-wide promotional activities next year via the Flower Council Holland."
During the annual GMM, two supervisory directors were re-elected. Jack Goossens has been a member of the Supervisory Board since 2014, and Mariëlle Ammerlaan is starting her last 3-year term. Louis Bouman, who has occupied administrative positions in FloraHolland since 2003, resigned. He has been a member of the Supervisory Board and the audit committee since 2014. His position will not be filled, because the Supervisory Board has decided to reduce the number of its supervisory directors from 11 to 9.
Flowering the world
After the meeting Vos spoke to the members. "The ambitions, opportunities and challenges for the sector are enormous. The world never stands still, which is why we have to continue modernizing. The cooperative must be the connector in the horticultural sector and support the growth of our customers and members. We connect, share, facilitate, innovate and spur our members and customers to be even more successful. To achieve our aims in 2020, we must examine not only what we do but how we do it."
Lucas presented the new identity of the Royal FloraHolland cooperative, which is the next step on the way to 2020. "This new identity makes our mission tangible and strengthens our message. We are Royal and we can be proud of that designation. 'Flowering the world' is what it is all about and what drives us every day."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-26 Dirty LED fittings clean in no time with special cleaning cloth
- 2022-05-26 KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- 2022-05-26 Tanya O’Brien named Sales Operations Manager at Pleasant View Gardens
- 2022-05-26 Ethiopian Airlines to order five 777 Freighters
- 2022-05-26 Growing together: Collaboration is key for Walmart Canada and B.C.'s Rainbow Greenhouses
- 2022-05-25 UK: Jenny Douthwaite is the new president of GIMA
- 2022-05-25 Hillier has become a Government accredited training provider
- 2022-05-25 Discover Mayer's new digital product catalog
- 2022-05-25 USDA releases floriculture estimates
- 2022-05-25 "Together with roses and lilies, chrysanthemums form our top three best-selling cut flower varieties"
- 2022-05-25 Crop scouting app for faster data collection
- 2022-05-25 Clever design shows pot-plant combination and prevents falling over
- 2022-05-24 Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- 2022-05-24 Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- 2022-05-24 The American Horticultural Society (AHS) and national partners launch “the 50 state flower garden project”
- 2022-05-24 Donation to Prinses Máxima Center is the crown on the 160th anniversary celebrations
- 2022-05-24 Celebrate women in horticulture week
- 2022-05-23 US (CO): "We look forward to expanding our nature-based growing solutions"
- 2022-05-23 Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- 2022-05-23 UK Floward hired new executive to accelerate growth