- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
General Members' Meeting
Royal FloraHolland on track for 2020
In Naaldwijk the members attended the annual GMM to vote on the rates for 2016, the standard repayment of a members' loan annual installment and various appointments. "Last year we plotted a clear direction to take with 2020 as our target on the horizon. It is good to see that we are on track to achieve the set goals," said Lucas Vos, CEO of FloraHolland. "The task is definitely clear: Flowering the World Together, Planting Seeds of Opportunity for our Members."
Annual plan and budget
Traditionally, during the GMM in December, the current financial status and the annual plan and budget for next year are reviewed. Rens Buchwaldt, CFO, briefly explained the plans for modernizing the financing of the cooperative. These plans will take on concrete form in 2016. The Management Board of FloraHolland expects an increase in sales of just over 3% in 2016. While the clock sales continue to decline, FloraHolland anticipates seeing the initial results of the growth-oriented initiatives from FloraHolland 2020 in 2016.
"Although we are leaving the rates unchanged, we still expect to cover the costs of implementing FloraHolland 2020 with our income," confirmed Rens. "With the promotional contribution from the trade, we can also carry out additional sector-wide promotional activities next year via the Flower Council Holland."
During the annual GMM, two supervisory directors were re-elected. Jack Goossens has been a member of the Supervisory Board since 2014, and Mariëlle Ammerlaan is starting her last 3-year term. Louis Bouman, who has occupied administrative positions in FloraHolland since 2003, resigned. He has been a member of the Supervisory Board and the audit committee since 2014. His position will not be filled, because the Supervisory Board has decided to reduce the number of its supervisory directors from 11 to 9.
Flowering the world
After the meeting Vos spoke to the members. "The ambitions, opportunities and challenges for the sector are enormous. The world never stands still, which is why we have to continue modernizing. The cooperative must be the connector in the horticultural sector and support the growth of our customers and members. We connect, share, facilitate, innovate and spur our members and customers to be even more successful. To achieve our aims in 2020, we must examine not only what we do but how we do it."
Lucas presented the new identity of the Royal FloraHolland cooperative, which is the next step on the way to 2020. "This new identity makes our mission tangible and strengthens our message. We are Royal and we can be proud of that designation. 'Flowering the world' is what it is all about and what drives us every day."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Tulip Experience voted 'Best Hidden Gem of the Netherlands'
- 2023-09-22 Garden centres and retail can create their own poster with Royal Van Zanten’s poster generator
- 2023-09-22 Evanthia to celebrate 10th anniversary
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-21 New service concept Plantion Shop & Go introduced in the Netherlands
- 2023-09-21 US: 1-800-Flowers.com to hire over 8,000 seasonal associates nationwide this holiday season
- 2023-09-20 Crayola and Mrs. Bloom launch Crayola Flowers
- 2023-09-20 Jimmy McCanlies joins Monrovia sales team
- 2023-09-20 Star Roses and Plants unveils 2024 woody ornamentals and edible catalogs
- 2023-09-20 Luke van Adrichem appointed as CEO of Metazet FormFlex
- 2023-09-20 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-20 Brian Lynch appointed as head of horti technology at Vineland
- 2023-09-20 Dutch flower grower makes gains on all fronts with new grading machine
- 2023-09-20 'Bulb Boy', Allan Visser: "We must commit to resilient cultivation with green agents and resistant varieties"
- 2023-09-19 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary
- 2023-09-19 Mertens is Decorum's new 'preferred supplier'
- 2023-09-18 NL: "Relocation enables growth"
- 2023-09-18 "How flexible can you be when you can only adjust intensity?"
- 2023-09-18 United Flower Growers celebrates 60 years
- 2023-09-18 "Blume2000 goes beyond selling flowers and plants alone"