- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- J. Berry Nursery relaxes Hollywood Hibiscus branded container requirements
- Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
General Members' Meeting
Royal FloraHolland on track for 2020
In Naaldwijk the members attended the annual GMM to vote on the rates for 2016, the standard repayment of a members' loan annual installment and various appointments. "Last year we plotted a clear direction to take with 2020 as our target on the horizon. It is good to see that we are on track to achieve the set goals," said Lucas Vos, CEO of FloraHolland. "The task is definitely clear: Flowering the World Together, Planting Seeds of Opportunity for our Members."
Annual plan and budget
Traditionally, during the GMM in December, the current financial status and the annual plan and budget for next year are reviewed. Rens Buchwaldt, CFO, briefly explained the plans for modernizing the financing of the cooperative. These plans will take on concrete form in 2016. The Management Board of FloraHolland expects an increase in sales of just over 3% in 2016. While the clock sales continue to decline, FloraHolland anticipates seeing the initial results of the growth-oriented initiatives from FloraHolland 2020 in 2016.
"Although we are leaving the rates unchanged, we still expect to cover the costs of implementing FloraHolland 2020 with our income," confirmed Rens. "With the promotional contribution from the trade, we can also carry out additional sector-wide promotional activities next year via the Flower Council Holland."
During the annual GMM, two supervisory directors were re-elected. Jack Goossens has been a member of the Supervisory Board since 2014, and Mariëlle Ammerlaan is starting her last 3-year term. Louis Bouman, who has occupied administrative positions in FloraHolland since 2003, resigned. He has been a member of the Supervisory Board and the audit committee since 2014. His position will not be filled, because the Supervisory Board has decided to reduce the number of its supervisory directors from 11 to 9.
Flowering the world
After the meeting Vos spoke to the members. "The ambitions, opportunities and challenges for the sector are enormous. The world never stands still, which is why we have to continue modernizing. The cooperative must be the connector in the horticultural sector and support the growth of our customers and members. We connect, share, facilitate, innovate and spur our members and customers to be even more successful. To achieve our aims in 2020, we must examine not only what we do but how we do it."
Lucas presented the new identity of the Royal FloraHolland cooperative, which is the next step on the way to 2020. "This new identity makes our mission tangible and strengthens our message. We are Royal and we can be proud of that designation. 'Flowering the world' is what it is all about and what drives us every day."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Centre for high-tech protected cropping systems launched to climate-proof crop production
- 2022-11-30 Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
- 2022-11-30 UK: New Leaf Plants teams up with Joy of Plants
- 2022-11-30 McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- 2022-11-30 Hoffman Nursery gives update on growing stock
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!
- 2022-11-29 All-American Selections presents six new winners
- 2022-11-28 US (OH): Help Foundation in Euclid uses greenhouse to teach skills to developmentally disabled
- 2022-11-28 Oreon receives DLC listing for water-cooled LED fixtures
- 2022-11-28 Connecting small and medium-sized flower growers with European buyers
- 2022-11-28 Expansion of the CEA team at Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-11-28 "China, a fast-developing market"
- 2022-11-25 "This variety excels in its ornamental value and soft color"
- 2022-11-25 Booker Flowers and Gifts earn eco-award second year in a row