- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
KP Holland, Lily Looks, P. v.d. Haak, Sakata, Schneider, Schoneveld, Selecta, Sion, Syngenta, Van den Bos
FlowerTrials 2016: Novelties in the picture
Leading up to the event, we gladly make space for some of the most outstanding and/or surprising highlights on display. Today, we will focus on 10 participating companies in the Westland region: KP Holland, Lily Looks, P. v.d. Haak Handelskwekerij, Sakata Ornamentals, Schneider Youngplants, Schoneveld Breeding, Selecta, Sion Young Plants, Syngenta FloriPro Services and Van den Bos Flowerbulbs.
KP Holland is a well known player in the field of kalanchoe, curcuma and spathiphyllum. In all of those fields many development take place. The focus in their breeding activities in Spathiphyllum is on pollen-free varieties with attractive dark leaves and sturdy flowers. In pot sizes 12/14 cm new varieties are to be launched, which are distinguished by a compact and floriferous growth.
Lily Looks is the proud holder of four different series of potted lilies: Tiny Series, Sensation Series, Double Series and Sunny Series. According to the breeder, 'Sunny keys' is especially worth noting. It consists of naturally short Oriental varieties for pot culture. Features of this series are: large flowers, beautiful flower buds and compact green plants.
P. v.d. Haak Handelskwekerij
P. v.d. Haak Handelskwekerij is a family owned business, since many years specialized in the production of young plants Pelaronium. Under the brand name Toscana, well known in the market for over 15 years now, ever new and improved varieties are being added to the product range.
Sakata Ornamentals is one of the host companies during the Flower Trials. This year the major breeding group presents, among others, a completely new range of gerberas, Gerbera jamesonii F1 Majorette. This series is characterized by uniformity, is easy to grow and stands out in any flower shop because of its striking colors.
Many developments to note in the petunia series at Schneider Youngplants. Petunia Surfinia Star is one of them: a species with excellent outdoor performance and, thanks to the striking color contrasts, a real eye-catcher.
Also at Schoneveld Breeding, a large number of new and existing varieties will be displayed. The Primula Pricanto is one of them. This Primula is a Primula obconica in vintage style. "The plant has a robust and compact design, long shelf life and transportation basically is no threat to this plant." The Pricanto is available in Red, Lime and Blue.
Also Selecta, breeder and producer of vegetatively propagated ornamental plants, has got a lot of attention with its Petunia NightSky. Now, a new series calibrachoa, the Rave, takes the spotlight. This series, comprising five different color combinations, is characterized by a star pattern on the flower.
Sion Young Plants
At Sion Young Plants, one can expect to find innovations in the Phalaenopsis. The Centurion is one of them. This phalaenopsis has a large white flower and a green compact leaf. Definitely a new enrichment of the Luxury segment.
Syngenta FloriPro Services
Syngenta FloriPro Services is specialized in the cultivation of indoor plants, annuals and perennials. During the Flower Trials, the company will present the MultiColours. "MultiColours stands for easy production, great appeal at point-of-sale and prolific flowering in consumers’ gardens. MultiColours will appeal to both impulse buyers and regular customers alike and will undoubtedly be a real eye-catcher in store."
Van den Bos Flowerbulbs
Van den Bos Flowerbulbs specializes in lilies, freesia and calla. A new appearance in the freesia assortment is the Fragrant Sunburst. This is the first potted freesia in the Lovely series of Van den Bos. "The Fragrant Sunburst is characterized by its long, well-shaped flower spikes (comb), large golden-yellow flowers and the subtle, well-known freesia scent. The growing period from planting to flowering covers 12 weeks."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-06 Plantarium and GROEN-Direkt fairs join forces
- 2021-09-23 Select Breeding presents Red Bentley & new varieties during Open Days
- 2021-09-17 Pro Manager Mastercourse Floriculture returns in January 2022
- 2021-09-15 New edition of international list of plant names has more than 17,000 new names
- 2021-08-13 Terra Nova Nurseries releases new product catalog for 2021-2022
- 2021-06-25 US: Ornamental sweet potatoes named newest Texas Superstar
- 2021-06-04 US (IL): 5-year lavender experiment blooms at Tenderloin Farms
- 2021-05-19 US: At Last rose earns A.R.T.S. local artist award
- 2021-04-23 "Edible flowers add so much to the dish"
- 2021-04-02 Learn more about the international garden rose industry
- 2021-03-12 "Add color and fragrance to your tropical and foliage programs"
- 2021-02-19 Proven Winners National Plants of the Year
- 2021-02-10 Syngenta Flowers India launches new Marigold hybrids
- 2021-01-26 Worldwide volumes of refrigerated trade reached a new high of 169.2 million tons in 2019
- 2021-01-22 Floriculture companies presenting novelties at second Thursd Online Trade Fair
- 2021-01-19 Perennial Plant Association announces the 2021 Perennial Plant of the Year
- 2020-12-07 28th edition Green to Life & Flower Expo Polska planned for September
- 2020-10-30 US (LA): A flower for hurricane season
- 2020-10-16 FleuroStar winner Dahlia Sincerity production tripled to meet high demand
- 2020-10-13 Eason Horticultural Resources releases their Hot New Perennials for 2021 booklet