- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
KP Holland, Lily Looks, P. v.d. Haak, Sakata, Schneider, Schoneveld, Selecta, Sion, Syngenta, Van den Bos
FlowerTrials 2016: Novelties in the picture
Leading up to the event, we gladly make space for some of the most outstanding and/or surprising highlights on display. Today, we will focus on 10 participating companies in the Westland region: KP Holland, Lily Looks, P. v.d. Haak Handelskwekerij, Sakata Ornamentals, Schneider Youngplants, Schoneveld Breeding, Selecta, Sion Young Plants, Syngenta FloriPro Services and Van den Bos Flowerbulbs.
KP Holland is a well known player in the field of kalanchoe, curcuma and spathiphyllum. In all of those fields many development take place. The focus in their breeding activities in Spathiphyllum is on pollen-free varieties with attractive dark leaves and sturdy flowers. In pot sizes 12/14 cm new varieties are to be launched, which are distinguished by a compact and floriferous growth.
Lily Looks is the proud holder of four different series of potted lilies: Tiny Series, Sensation Series, Double Series and Sunny Series. According to the breeder, 'Sunny keys' is especially worth noting. It consists of naturally short Oriental varieties for pot culture. Features of this series are: large flowers, beautiful flower buds and compact green plants.
P. v.d. Haak Handelskwekerij
P. v.d. Haak Handelskwekerij is a family owned business, since many years specialized in the production of young plants Pelaronium. Under the brand name Toscana, well known in the market for over 15 years now, ever new and improved varieties are being added to the product range.
Sakata Ornamentals is one of the host companies during the Flower Trials. This year the major breeding group presents, among others, a completely new range of gerberas, Gerbera jamesonii F1 Majorette. This series is characterized by uniformity, is easy to grow and stands out in any flower shop because of its striking colors.
Many developments to note in the petunia series at Schneider Youngplants. Petunia Surfinia Star is one of them: a species with excellent outdoor performance and, thanks to the striking color contrasts, a real eye-catcher.
Also at Schoneveld Breeding, a large number of new and existing varieties will be displayed. The Primula Pricanto is one of them. This Primula is a Primula obconica in vintage style. "The plant has a robust and compact design, long shelf life and transportation basically is no threat to this plant." The Pricanto is available in Red, Lime and Blue.
Also Selecta, breeder and producer of vegetatively propagated ornamental plants, has got a lot of attention with its Petunia NightSky. Now, a new series calibrachoa, the Rave, takes the spotlight. This series, comprising five different color combinations, is characterized by a star pattern on the flower.
Sion Young Plants
At Sion Young Plants, one can expect to find innovations in the Phalaenopsis. The Centurion is one of them. This phalaenopsis has a large white flower and a green compact leaf. Definitely a new enrichment of the Luxury segment.
Syngenta FloriPro Services
Syngenta FloriPro Services is specialized in the cultivation of indoor plants, annuals and perennials. During the Flower Trials, the company will present the MultiColours. "MultiColours stands for easy production, great appeal at point-of-sale and prolific flowering in consumers’ gardens. MultiColours will appeal to both impulse buyers and regular customers alike and will undoubtedly be a real eye-catcher in store."
Van den Bos Flowerbulbs
Van den Bos Flowerbulbs specializes in lilies, freesia and calla. A new appearance in the freesia assortment is the Fragrant Sunburst. This is the first potted freesia in the Lovely series of Van den Bos. "The Fragrant Sunburst is characterized by its long, well-shaped flower spikes (comb), large golden-yellow flowers and the subtle, well-known freesia scent. The growing period from planting to flowering covers 12 weeks."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-11 The garden on Symphony of the Seas has over 20,000 plants
- 2022-12-23 The fascinating story of the Semponium
- 2022-12-07 First spot for Ruby Red and Superba New Glitter
- 2022-12-05 New varieties of De Ruiter East Africa on display at Open Day
- 2022-11-14 German tree nursery products on stage at sales fair in Westerstede
- 2022-09-19 Daily light integral and/or photoperiod during the young plant and finishing stages
- 2022-09-02 Large flowers can be short‐lived: Insights from a high Andean cactus
- 2022-08-17 Cut flower perennials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of gladiolus genotypes in Nepal
- 2022-06-20 Expression of ethylene biosynthesis genes during senescence in Delphinium grandiflorum
- 2022-06-20 Performance of dahlia, genotypes for floral and yield attributes
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-01 'Sea freight replacing air freight is just a matter of time'
- 2022-05-31 IFTEX kicks off, high transport costs talk of town
- 2022-04-14 King Willem-Alexander opens International horticulture exhibition Floriade Expo 2022
- 2022-03-28 A sneak peek of Terra Nova Nurseries' Kniphofia ‘Rocket Jr.’
- 2022-03-03 Linda Hoogendoorn-Veelenturf to complement board of directors Plantarium | Groen-Direkt
- 2022-02-17 All eyes on Red Bentley
- 2022-02-16 De Ruiter East Africa introduces novelties during open days 2022
- 2022-02-09 Green Retail Events to organize the new Plantarium|GROEN-Direkt fair