- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pinpointing petunias' prettiness
The researchers say that changes in a specific gene region linked to a shift from bee to moth pollination might explain why petunia flowers are so diverse in colour and pattern.
The findings also indicate that petunia branched off from a common ancestor plant group about 30 million years ago, whereas potatoes, tomatoes, capsicum and tobacco didn't until much later.
Access the study here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-06-29 Olij Roses transforms into Dümmen Orange
- 2018-06-28 Deliflor introduces white disbudded chrysanthemum Falcon
- 2018-06-27 Breeder reports record number of visitors during FlowerTrials
- 2018-06-26 Ball Seed releases 2019-2020 catalog
- 2018-06-25 "A classic Spring Trials season"
- 2018-06-22 Plants have unique lock to control expression of genes
- 2018-06-21 "Proposed Farm Bill offers more protection for flower breeders"
- 2018-06-20 Uganda: Dutch breeder paves the way to sustainability
- 2018-06-19 US (LA): Limelight hydrangea named Louisiana Super Plant
- 2018-06-18 Oso Easy Urban Legend Rosa wins ARS Award of Excellence
- 2018-06-15 Extensive trialling leads to resilient Imara impatiens walleriana
- 2018-06-14 Australia: Somatic fusion could lead to new waxflower hybrids
- 2018-06-13 US: A sneak peek of Agastache Poquito Orange
- 2018-06-12 Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display
- 2018-06-11 Four breeders launch breeding platform
- 2018-06-08 Universities breed new varieties and careers
- 2018-06-07 Edelweiss as a cut flower
- 2018-06-06 UK: Breadth of National Plant Collections on display
- 2018-06-05 Australia: National Herbarium of NSW moves to Western Sydney
- 2018-06-04 Italy: Coral Plant holds first Lisianthus open house