- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (MI): Meadowridge saves power and costs with boom lighting
The benefits are compelling. The previous system of incandescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs used 10X more power, and about half of the bulbs failed every year. The resultant risk of production delays required multiple nighttime visits to the greenhouse each week to ensure that all lights were functional. Gruppen shared of his relief after switching to the reliable, LED-based TotalGrow technology that removes this worry and time drain:
“The Night & Day bulbs are the perfect boom lights. I no longer waste time replacing burnt out bulbs or worrying about when a light failure will delay my production. The plants look great, and the costs are tiny for the area covered! I like knowing that all of the energy from the TotalGrow bulbs goes into the light plants need most, not wasted for human eye light.”
Testing of the system involved four 11W TotalGrow Night & Day Management Light bulbs hung above the irrigation line, 2-3 feet above plant canopies, of a 14 foot boom arm covering 135 feet of grow area. Speeds were set to expose plants to light every 15-25 minutes for four hours of night interruption.
Meadowridge also uses 155W TotalGrow Broad Grow Spectrum Light fixtures in their propagation zone with great success and very helpful power savings compared to their preexisting HID lights. Gruppen shares, “I hesitate to turn on my HID lights due to the energy costs, but I don’t think twice about turning on my TotalGrow lights due to their efficiency and longevity.”
For more information
T: +1 315-373-9716
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 Lesson from masterclass: Crop lighting doesn't always work
- 2023-01-20 AirBlow system blows air into the floor, increasing efficiency of underfloor heating
- 2023-01-17 "Uniform lighting is essential for growing a consistent crop"
- 2023-01-13 Dutch orchid grower replaces SON-T with LEDs
- 2023-01-12 System gives roots extra oxygen: "It's actually a small water purification system"
- 2023-01-02 Towards smarter sustainable plant health choices in resources and technology
- 2022-12-23 "Even during the pandemic, the market demand for dataloggers has not declined"
- 2022-12-22 "Autonomous farm is just over the horizon"
- 2022-12-20 Is a fan without a wire guard more energy efficient?
- 2022-12-19 Natural, plant-based air purifiers? This bioengineered houseplant can clean pollutants from the air
- 2022-12-16 How developed is automation in greenhouse horticulture?
- 2022-12-14 "5 benefits of data-driven growing for high-tech greenhouse"
- 2022-12-09 How growers are gaining the advantage by adopting SaaS technology
- 2022-12-08 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-12-06 Photonics can help horticulture to measure faster and more reliably
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-11-30 Now also weather data in the Irrigation Management App
- 2022-11-24 The hydrophilic character of anticondens improves light incidence
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-11 Finding the balance to improve crop performance maintaining high energy efficiency levels