- Canada's ornamental horticulture industry, which includes floriculture, nurseries, and turf sod, generated $1.93 billion in farm gate sales in 2015. The United States accounted for over 98.5% of exports which brought in over $438 million.
- The Canadian Nursery Landscape Association is a national not-for-profit federation of nine provincial landscape and horticulture associations representing over 3,800 members.
- The contribution is made through the Market Development stream of the AgriMarketing Program, a five-year, $341-million initiative under Growing Forward 2.
"Our Government is proud to support the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association as they grow their industry and our economy. This investment of up to $1.1 million will help Canada's horticulture farmers expand their markets in Canada and abroad, generating greater returns and recognition across borders for Canadian ornamental horticulture."
- Stephen Fuhr, Member of Parliament for Kelowna - Lake Country
"The funding provided through the Growing Forward 2 initiative will allow the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association to invest in a variety of valuable projects dedicated to increasing the domestic and international markets for the Canadian ornamental horticulture, specifically the nursery and landscape sectors. The increased marketing opportunities for Canadian nursery and landscape products will benefit the entire value chain, from the grower to the consumer."
- Rene Thiebaud, CLM, President, Canadian Nursery Landscape Association
source: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)