- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Local Flowers. Local People
Australia: The story behind the flowers
The promotional video is part of the celebration of Flowers being held during Australian Flowers Week (September 17-25, 2016). The video tells the story behind the flowers and talks about the industry and its future with flower farmers and their families. Part of the story being told is about freshness the quality of locally-grown product and how it provides a better experience for the consumer.
The video features farmers cut flower growers from Currey Flowers, Redlands Fresh Flowers and foliage farmers Djirang Plantations. Don Currey from Currey Flowers: “I think there is a bright future for flowers and flower growing, We might change what species of variety we grow but there is still a market there for the products”.
Executive Officer of the Flower Association Mr Shane Holborn says that the video provides consumers with a behind-the- scenes glimpse into the industry. “We have a beautiful product grown by beautiful people and I think flower farming is not necessarily thought about too much by the general public so showing that it is an entire industry full of Australian people and their families is a nice story to tell.”
The video is available at the Australian Flower Finder website, a searchable database of Australian flower growers which allows consumers to search for Australian grown flowers based on region, product type and flower type.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'
- 2021-10-21 Fall marketing ideas for floral businesses
- 2021-10-18 De Jong Plant B.V. expands product range with patio and balcony plants
- 2021-09-09 “New, unique varieties deserve one-off marketing concepts”
- 2021-08-31 “We are overwhelmed by the increasing need for floriculture consulting since the pandemic”
- 2021-08-31 Study on the active role of flower shops in the commercialization of roses in Mexico
- 2021-05-27 Sahid Nahim talks innovation at EMC Go Live Event
- 2021-05-24 New Covent Garden Market’s British Flowers Week is back in bloom
- 2021-05-04 Design thinking within the floral industry
- 2021-04-30 UK: Garden Day back for third successive year
- 2021-04-12 These common houseplants reduce carbon footprint most
- 2021-04-01 Ecuadorian roses now transported upside down
- 2021-03-10 US: How to improve the image of the carnation?
- 2021-03-09 5 inspiring women leaders, business owners in the floral industry tell their story
- 2021-03-05 US: New merchandising program to promote pollinator gardens
- 2021-03-05 No more plastic for potted bulbs
- 2021-03-04 Track & trace flowerbulbs to next level with software Beam
- 2021-02-24 "Minisprayers save hours of work"