- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Prince & Prince forecast $3.6 billion dollars in U.S. consumer floral purchasing for Valentine’s Day 2023
- "There is still so much to understand about the new market reality"
- Some popular foliage plants are ethylene sensitive
- SecondFlor is launching its platform in the United States
- Flor y Miel creates a better climate for flowers with Luxous and Harmony
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Canada: Successful seminars on Next Generation Growing
All customers, regardless of their current climate computer, were welcomed into the seminar for the Next Generation Growing of which Hoogendoorn is one of the founding fathers. “We are doing some amazing new things in the Netherlands and when we are such a big part in the research, it becomes our responsibility to share the knowledge with the growers abroad,” states Rob Gibson, who is the local Hoogendoorn representative in Canada.
During this seminar Rene Beerkens, a Hoogendoorn greenhouse climate consultant from the Netherlands, flew down to discuss the three balances of the plant and how to save money on energy for businesses in Canada. With the new techniques involved, growers can start slowly into looking at how to optimize the growth of their plants and save energy while doing it. The seminar was a success and followed by comments like, “I much appreciated the seminar, and learned more in 5 hours than probably in the last 5 years about the physics of a plant.”
Following the Niagara seminar the Hoogendoorn team came to Leamington for a “Master Class” specifically meant for their customers. The Master Class was a course designed for Hoogendoorn customers in order to teach them about settings, how to navigate the system and ways to get more out of it. In order to provide the right horticulture solutions in climate control automation the practical use of the system must be taught and it is Hoogendoorn’s philosophy to share knowledge to their customers. This full day event went from basic training settings to more advanced ways of controlling with vents, screens and humidity control.
Together with their partner Gryphon Automation they were able to have a huge success rate of 99% of Hoogendoorn customers who attended the Master Class. Hoogendoorn continues to support and cooperate with all their partners in order to give their customers the right horticulture solutions that suits their individual needs.
For more information:
Robert Gibson, Area Account Manager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 US: Green Career Week coming up
- 2023-02-06 LichtEvent: How flexible is lighting?
- 2023-02-01 US: Webinar - Choosing & scheduling Dianthus
- 2023-01-31 US: Suntory Flowers returns to the Grammy awards
- 2023-01-31 How do flower and vegetable awards influence industry growth?
- 2023-01-27 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show to take place in March
- 2023-01-27 The Garden Electric is the theme of Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2023-01-26 UK exhibitor group ‘largest yet’ at Fruit Logistica
- 2023-01-25 Webinar: 30 perennials you are missing in 2023 (and why you should grow them)
- 2023-01-25 The consumer goods world is back in Frankfurt: Ambiente, Christmasworld, Creativeworld fully booked
- 2023-01-25 Brookdale Treeland Nurseries, Canada, wins AIPH International Grower of the Year 2023
- 2023-01-25 India: Four-day horticulture and floriculture show about to begin at Kadri Park
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-24 US (FL): Floriexpo heads to Fort Lauderdale for expanded 2023 Edition
- 2023-01-24 Spring Festival 2023: Guangzhou flower boat fair revives age-old tradition
- 2023-01-23 Typical Dutch: National Tulip Day
- 2023-01-23 National Garden Bureau offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 The 10th international Exhibition AstanaFlora – green gate to Kazakhstan