- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Porta Nova roses get extra sun every day
“Good morning. A well-known mould within rose cultivation is Mildew. It damages the leaf and inhibits good growth. Most rose growers use chemical products to fight it.
So, at Porta Nova, we have been trying to find a natural alternative. And we have found it in special UV-C light. Together with the specialists from Micothon, we have developed a mobile solarium.
UV-C light that is usually filtered via the ozone layer, is directed straight onto the leaf.
This mobile solarium moves around the greenhouse all day in order to provide each plant with special solar vitamins The UV-C light tackles the mould and also strengthens the resistance mechanism in the plant itself.
Thanks to this extra UV-C light, we can control blight in a natural manner. After extensive system testing, it has been used in the greenhouse for the past two years. Our plants are much healthier and this benefits the quality of our roses.”
Click here to watch the video.
For more information:
Abr. Kroesweg 44
2742 KX Waddinxveen
T +31 (0)79 593 38 17
F +31 (0)79 593 3813
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 "Sales worldwide have been increasing. especially in Japan"
- 2022-01-17 FlorAmor adds Clivias to Flandresse
- 2022-01-13 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2022-01-07 Breeder Wim Declercq celebrates 40 years at Gediflora
- 2022-01-07 Duynplant and Duijn-Hove to continue together
- 2022-01-06 Ecuador: Greenhouse construction Forever Flowers complete
- 2022-01-04 US (NH): "It does not only supplement our seasonal sales, it also keeps our staff busy and greenhouse full"
- 2021-12-20 A peek behind the scenes at Belgium nursery Plantura
- 2021-12-20 The roots of Colombia’s booming flower and orchid industry
- 2021-12-16 "The customer asks for the same product all year round, so that is what we started to grow"
- 2021-12-14 Ecuador: Greenhouses of new alstroemeria farm taking shape
- 2021-12-13 "In the past, organic production meant you’d lose at least 30% of your production capacity"
- 2021-11-26 Luray grower uses topless high tunnels to feed community year round
- 2021-10-25 AU: How a multigenerational family made a ‘flower change’ to Yass River
- 2021-10-22 US (FL): “We built a new shipping warehouse, improving our efficiency”
- 2021-10-21 "Outdoor growing gets more challenging with climate change"
- 2021-10-18 Mexico: “As a smaller company, we are able to prioritize small breeders and their creations”
- 2021-10-08 NL: "Nursery Gebr. Grootscholten is showing the way"
- 2021-10-08 Sowing seeds of passion: Horticulturist turns childhood hobby into niche business
- 2021-10-08 Vietnam: "We are working on a new platform for Phalaenopis trade"