- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Prince & Prince forecast $3.6 billion dollars in U.S. consumer floral purchasing for Valentine’s Day 2023
- "There is still so much to understand about the new market reality"
- Some popular foliage plants are ethylene sensitive
- SecondFlor is launching its platform in the United States
- Flor y Miel creates a better climate for flowers with Luxous and Harmony
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Bercomex offers masterclass innovation in flower processing
Willem Miedema, innovation specialist of Bercomex, gave a detailed presentation on new opportunities in processing flowers to students of the Horizon College in Hoorn who attend the studies MBO Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
There was a lot of interest for the masterclass. The total group of students was split into three groups of 25 students each. Willem Miedema gave individual presentations for each group, this way there was enough of time to exchange ideas with each group of students.
Willem brought a part of a flower processing machine to show the students the newest techniques. This enabled students to take a close look of modern techniques to de-leaf, de-thorn and cut stems of roses.
The mobile stripper will be part of the Bercomex stand at IFTF flowers trade show next week. Demonstrations will be given then with this new flower processing module. In addition, on the IFTF stand of Bercomex, there is more to see, such as the renewed RoseMatic, an automatic rose processing system and demonstrations of remote service from the Service & Parts department.
The masterclass concept is new for the Horizon College. This special class is initiated by one of the teachers. The main goal is to give students more sense of practice. In the future, other companies will also be giving masterclasses at the school in Hoorn.
For more information:
1624 PB Hoorn
T: +31 (0) 229 – 50 21 50
F: +31 (0) 229 - 50 21 16
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 ChatBot to help achieve gardening goals
- 2023-01-24 “Every % better sowing is a % more profit”
- 2022-11-03 Mayer announces delivery of new potting machine
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer
- 2022-09-16 Steenks Service delivers 200th Stefix 135
- 2022-09-12 The Stefix 95 ensures a clean garden center
- 2022-09-08 The importance of HVAC maintenance: how to check your heater
- 2022-08-12 Setting instructions: Single-row pot dispenser M000
- 2022-08-12 "With this potting robot, we are not only more efficient, we can also have more plants in the greenhouse"
- 2022-08-08 A dust-free working environment at Van der Voort plants
- 2022-07-12 New innovative tool to clean the greenhouse
- 2022-06-17 45 Havatec Twisters already put to work
- 2022-06-15 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-07 Refurbished bucket, tray and crate washers: the budget-friendly, sustainable alternative
- 2022-05-26 Bangladesh: NBR raises duty on fruits, flowers imports
- 2022-05-18 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-03 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 The new Mayer potting machines TM 2432E and TM 2432D
- 2022-03-24 Mayer's new powder coating line
- 2022-03-04 Mayer presents: the new potting machine TM 2432D