- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Stakeholder comment period announced for Veriflora Sustainably Grown Standard
The Veriflora Sustainably Grown certification program first became operational in 2003. This precedent-setting standard successfully set a new bar of performance for cut flower and ornamental horticultural producers seeking sustainability recognition. For instance, its stringent criteria included the first bans on pesticides deemed extremely or highly hazardous by the World Health Organization, integrated waste management requirements, extensive farm labor and farm community protection provisions, and product quality provisions.
“Stakeholder feedback is a vital step in the standards development process,” said Lesley Sykes, SCS’ Manager of Sustainable Agriculture. “We provide a transparent forum for receiving and addressing comments in a way that improves the standards we write.”
According to Sykes, key changes in the new Draft Version 4.0 include: improved usability for self-assessment by users; improved auditability; updates in definitions and references; clarification of scope; and Modification of Tier-2 requirements to focus on new recognition opportunities for best practices. Additionally, SCS has updated the Annex for Veriflora Responsible Horticultural Peat Moss Production.
Stakeholders interested in commenting on the Draft Version 4.0 of the Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Standard or the Draft Version 3.0 of the Veriflora® Responsible Horticultural Peat Moss Production Annex can find relevant documents posted at https://www.scsglobalservices.com/stakeholder-review-of-scs-standards.
For more information
SCS Global Services
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 Berkvens Greenhouse Mobility and Buitendijk Slaman are joining forces
- 2023-02-01 Svensson & Agculture enter global partnership
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 TrayC now available in Italy
- 2023-02-01 Fine Americas adds Northeast sales manager
- 2023-01-31 National Wildlife Federation launches Garden for Wildlife, Inc.
- 2023-01-31 Johnny's Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'