- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
NL: Royal FloraHolland to roll out MPS-ProductProof
Nowadays, more and more buyers are requiring guarantees when it comes to sustainability. The MPS-ProductProof scheme seeks to provide concrete proof that harmful active ingredients are not present on the plant product, nor were used during the growing stage. It does so by way of a robust system: a mandatory registration within 24 hours of the application of any crop protection agent, coupled with independent controls.
“With MPS-ProductProof we are meeting consumers and retailers’ need for transparency regarding the presence of active ingredients on flowers & plants,” explains Yolande van den Boom, CEO of MPS. “The pilot phase has been finalized successfully. Now we are taking the next step with a national roll out and a call for international growers to apply for a pilot project in their specific area”.
MPS and FloraHolland have worked hard to complete the development of MPS-ProductProof over the last 1.5 years, in cooperation with Dutch floral wholesaler’s association VGB and a group of 50 pilot growers. Other industry stakeholders have been involved in the system’s development as well.
The MPS-ProductProof method has been received positively by many growers and retailers. Royal FloraHolland has high expectations as well: “We are expecting that during 2017 approximately 250 growers will take the step towards MPS-ProductProof,” CEO Lucas Vos comments.
The MPS-ProductProof registration system is an add-on to MPS-ABC. The latest phase of the scheme was symbolically launched by the CEO’s of MPS and Royal FloraHolland during the recent Royal FloraHolland Trade Fair, in early November 2016.
A pilot in the United States is being considered for 2017.
Want to know more about MPS ProductProof? Please have a look at this leaflet that explains the certification system in detail!
MPS is a valued long-time member of International Florist Organisation. Click here to learn more about their important business services related to sustainability.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-10-02 "Looking to open our North American operations early next year"
- 2023-09-29 AltaNova Sales splits into two companies
- 2023-09-29 Dümmen Orange welcomes new North American Product Manager for potted crops
- 2023-09-29 The American Floral Endowment becomes newest member of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative
- 2023-09-29 East African Magical Farms to expand carnation production hub in Kenya
- 2023-09-29 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Pymwymic and Horticoop invest in Vivent
- 2023-09-28 VHC takes over WICO Flowers nursery and grows to 24.5 ha santini production
- 2023-09-28 Royal FloraHolland signs letter of intent for Safe Enterprise quality mark
- 2023-09-28 US (FL): 72.2-acre nursery up for auction
- 2023-09-27 Garden Media Group celebrates 35 years in business
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Managing Director of The Bransford Webbs Plant Company to retire