- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Koppert to lead Brazilian Association of Biological Control Companies
The Brazilian Association of Biological Control Companies, was founded in 2007 with the objective of bringing together companies in this sector, both manufacturers and traders of organic products, and seeking to modernize and professionalize the sector. There are currently 24 companies represented by the association that include BASF, Biocontrol, Ihara, Promip and Stoller, among others.
‘The biological sector in Brazil is not mature yet and there are several companies producing irregular products based on fungi, bacteria and other organisms,’ says Herrmann. ‘Now that Koppert is on the ABCBio board, we will be fighting illegal biopesticides and developing programs to improve the image of the sector.’
ABCBio is currently running two programs in this regard; the Conformity Program, in which the association promotes clearer labelling of fertilizers and biocontrol agents to avoid confusion; and a programme that supports biocontrol companies with their regulatory requirements.
‘The challenges are huge, but we believe that Koppert can lead the development of this important sector for sustainable agriculture in Brazil; not only through its own activities in this country, but by leading the association to bring results to the whole market,’ Herrmann concludes.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team