Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
US (IL): Photo impression International Floriculture Expo
Last year, over 5,500 floral and produce professionals walked the show floor. including companies like 1800Flowers, Ahold, Albertson’s, FTD, Meijer, Publix, Target, and Wegmans.
And not only US based companies presented their products at the expo. Almost half of the exhibitors came from abroad. Ecuadorian summer flower grower Valleflor, for example presented 12 summer flower varieties and they had a separate booth for their project called Ecuabouquets. Ecuabouquets attended the show for first time and presented its premium bouquets, consumer bunches, and arrangements.
"This was our first time at this show, so we were really excited and anxious about it. The USA is our more important market, more than 80% of Valleflor´s production goes to the USA. Besides that, Ecuabouquets is our newest project and we need to open markets and increase our export volumes. All in all, we are very pleased with the visits we have had", says Macarena Valdez of the Marketing department at Valleflor.
Juan Pablo Ponce, Sales Manager at Valleflor with a visitor.
The booth of Valleflor.
Booth of Ecuabouquets.
And more companies were exhibiting at the IFE and posted pictures of their participation on social media. See the photos below to get a good impression of the show.
Kenyan and Ethiopian flower exporters (Source: Twitter page EA Trade Invest Hub, EA Trade Invest Hub was supporting eight Kenyan and Ethiopian flower exporters at the show).
(Source: Twitter page EA Trade Invest Hub)
(Source: Twitter page EA Trade Invest Hub)
The booth of Sporticulture (Source: Twitter page Sporticulture)
Booth of Burpee. (Source: Twitter page Maria Zampini)
"Women's Day has the highest potential for sales growth in the United States' floriculture industry", says Lane DeVries from Sun Valley Floral Farms during the Industry Think Tank! (Source: Facebook page International Floriculture Expo)
"The 4 key elements to increase floral sales - quality/freshness, price, variety, service." - Keynote Speaker Phil Lempert Supermarket Guru (Source: Facebook page International Floriculture Expo)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar
- 2023-05-22 NL: A colorful season for Keukenhof
- 2023-05-19 HTA members to take stage at RHS Chelsea 2023
- 2023-05-18 Integrated pest and pollinator management for ornamental plants
- 2023-05-18 US (CO): CSU announces annual Flower Trial Garden’s 2022 winning flowers