- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dümmen Orange shows full portfolio at FlowerTrials
- Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- Chrysanthemums can be grown with less electricity and less heat
- NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- New sprayable feed enhances the establishment of beneficial insects
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
Photo credit: Fiona Hanson/Waitrose
Waitrose Horticulture Buyer, Lucy Matthewson, says, "Sunflowers are a true sign that summer is here and we're lucky to work with such dedicated British growers to offer our shoppers an abundance of homegrown flowers. And what could be more surprising than treating Dad this Father's Day to some colourful blooms, grown by a father and his sons?"
Says sunflower grower, Henry Robinson, "Growing flowers for us is not just a job, it's a passion. We never get bored of seeing our fields of sunflowers. We pick the stems when they are five to six feet tall and by the time they arrive at Waitrose, they'll be ready to open, showing off their magnificently cheerful yellow colour. I'm due to be a father for a second time this weekend and so this Father's Day will be extra special for my family."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content