Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
National flowers of Latin America
The rose continues to be one of the most sought-after and famous flowers in the world, thanks to its beauty. For this reason, it’s frequently used in interior décor. However, this isn’t its only use: the rose is a flower that can be used for different purposes; for example, in cosmetics it’s used for perfumes and in gastronomy its oil is extracted, among other things. In addition, it’s the national flower of Ecuador, a country where many very flowery rose bushes grow.
This is the national tree of Argentina and also Uruguay. It’s normally cultivated in tropical countries and its uses are mostly ornamental. However, it does have some uses outside of décor. Cockspur coral is good for making a type of cellulose paste. Even though it’s tree that symbolizes Argentina, it’s also common to see cockspur corals in Bolivia, Brazil, and Paraguay.
The orchid is the national flower of Venezuela (May flower) and Colombia. In both countries, this flower has been incorporated into many of the nation’s symbols and crests, making it a beautiful icon. There are many, many varieties of orchids and furthermore at Verdissimo you can find orchids in different colors: white, yellow, pink, and more.
The cantuta is the national flower of Peru and is one of the national flowers of Bolivia. It’s cultivated in Latin America, specifically in the Andes in both countries, where it has been since time immemorial. The most common use of this flower is for ornamentation. Nevertheless it also has other uses, such as medicinal uses, the fabrication of wood, and it’s even used to make a yellowish coloring agent.
The scientific name of this flower is Thespesia grandiflora. It’s the national flower of Puerto Rico. The flowers of this tree are truly stunning and their colors are very eye-catching, such as red and deep pink. Like the last flower, its tree is often used for wood to make furniture or even musical instruments, etc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content