- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
August 3, Stillwater
US (OK): Workshop to focus on challenges in floriculture
Mike Schnelle, OSU Cooperative Extension floriculture specialist, said this lecture series was designed to honor Charles and Linda Shackelford, former owners of TLC Garden Center in Oklahoma City, and their many contributions over the years to the Oklahoma greenhouse industry.
“This conference has been designed for the green industry professional, as well as the advanced hobbyist/gardening enthusiast,” Schnelle said. “Everyone who attends will go home with many new ideas regarding greenhouse gardening and plant materials. We’ve got several Extension and industry specialists who will be on hand to share their expertise in a variety of topics.”
Genhau Niu, a professor with Texas A&M AgriLife Research, will address water quality and quantity issues. Other topics on the agenda include using banker plants for aphid control, cutting-edge pest control, greenhouse structures and materials, challenges and opportunities in floriculture and more.
“One of our sessions will deal specifically with the importance of pollinators to green industry workers, and ultimately their clientele,” he said. “We’ve got something for everyone.”
“This lecture series is chock-full of tips, strategies and general information that is beneficial to greenhouse and garden center professionals, as well as the home gardener,” Schnelle said. “Not only will we be offering the latest research-based information, the workshop is a great opportunity for green industry personnel to network with one another. We’re looking forward to a great turnout for this Shackelford Lecture Series workshop.”
Click here for more information and to register.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Colombian floriculture was awarded 2 gold medals at the AIPH 2022 International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2022-07-04 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stage the RHS Flower School
- 2022-07-04 Proven Winners announces its landscape roadshow at the Cincinnati Zoo
- 2022-07-04 Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival