- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Jeremy Jubenville joins MSU's southwest Michigan floriculture team
Michigan is the third largest producer of floriculture crops, an industry with wholesale sales exceeding $409 million annually. Floriculture is also the fourth largest agricultural commodity in Michigan behind corn, soybeans and dairy.
As a Kalamazoo, Michigan, native, Jubenville earned a bachelor’s of science in biology in 2012 at Western Michigan University and a master’s of science in entomology in 2015 at MSU. He earned his degree while working with MSU entomologist Zsofia Szendrei on a project analyzing the dispersal patterns of insects in commercial celery fields in Michigan.
In addition to his education, Jubenville brings a wealth of experience to the position. Since finishing his master’s degree, he has worked as a field and a greenhouse scout, working for West Michigan IPM scouting greenhouses in Kalamazoo, Allegan, Kent and Ottawa counties. During the last eight years, Jubenville has also been providing educational outreach at the Kalamazoo Nature Center.
Although Jubenville will have statewide programming responsibilities, he will primarily serve seven counties in the southwestern region of the state, which includes the dense concentration of growers in Kalamazoo and Portage, Michigan.
He has strong interests in agriculture and public service, and is excited to help the growers in southwestern Michigan improve their businesses by delivering research-based information and providing technical support. He will also work with MSU faculty, specialists and educators to achieve efficient and economical floriculture production to advance the floriculture industry in the state. Jubenville’s expertise in entomology will be especially valued by growers in southwest Michigan, where the use of biological control insect management is rapidly increasing.
Source: MSU Extension
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022