- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
US: Jeremy Jubenville joins MSU's southwest Michigan floriculture team
Michigan is the third largest producer of floriculture crops, an industry with wholesale sales exceeding $409 million annually. Floriculture is also the fourth largest agricultural commodity in Michigan behind corn, soybeans and dairy.
As a Kalamazoo, Michigan, native, Jubenville earned a bachelor’s of science in biology in 2012 at Western Michigan University and a master’s of science in entomology in 2015 at MSU. He earned his degree while working with MSU entomologist Zsofia Szendrei on a project analyzing the dispersal patterns of insects in commercial celery fields in Michigan.
In addition to his education, Jubenville brings a wealth of experience to the position. Since finishing his master’s degree, he has worked as a field and a greenhouse scout, working for West Michigan IPM scouting greenhouses in Kalamazoo, Allegan, Kent and Ottawa counties. During the last eight years, Jubenville has also been providing educational outreach at the Kalamazoo Nature Center.
Although Jubenville will have statewide programming responsibilities, he will primarily serve seven counties in the southwestern region of the state, which includes the dense concentration of growers in Kalamazoo and Portage, Michigan.
He has strong interests in agriculture and public service, and is excited to help the growers in southwestern Michigan improve their businesses by delivering research-based information and providing technical support. He will also work with MSU faculty, specialists and educators to achieve efficient and economical floriculture production to advance the floriculture industry in the state. Jubenville’s expertise in entomology will be especially valued by growers in southwest Michigan, where the use of biological control insect management is rapidly increasing.
Source: MSU Extension
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-09 Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
- 2023-06-09 In memoriam Henk Brinkman
- 2023-06-09 Rosaprima to launch "The Home of RP Moab" campaign
- 2023-06-09 Four new Stars in Syngenta Flowers Stars Collection
- 2023-06-09 Kirsty Spink appointed as Managing Director of Grampian Growers
- 2023-06-09 NL: Merging of Aalsmeer and Naaldwijk rose auctions
- 2023-06-08 AgriForce forms joint venture with Swiss firm to help with in-progress acquisitions
- 2023-06-08 Italy: Alessandro Michelucci is the new president of Italian Nursery-people association
- 2023-06-08 Interflora celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2023-06-08 CAN: CosMic Plants orchid grower receives MPS-ABC certificate
- 2023-06-08 US: SAF adds breeder category to outstanding varieties competition
- 2023-06-07 “We make both high light transmission and insulation available”
- 2023-06-07 NL: Hem Genetics celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-06-07 Ramón Melón joins IUNU as Head Grower
- 2023-06-07 Buyers sought for UK hydroponic salad grower
- 2023-06-06 Tal Netzer appointed as CEO of DryGair
- 2023-06-06 Floranow acquires flower wholesaler Bloomax
- 2023-06-06 UK firm acquires full stake in Bigot Flower Kenya
- 2023-06-05 "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
- 2023-06-05 Swiss biological agricultural product manufacturer sets up office in Kenya