- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
Frank de Greef, Fleurizon:
'Aloe vera farms keep increasing production'
Aloe Vera field.
Aloe vera (also known as Aloe barbadensis) is produced in very large farms, explains de Greef. "These farms are typically specialized for leaf production and make gel out of the harvested leaves. That gel is then used for cosmetics or drinks", he says.
How Fleurizon sends the cuttings.
Fleurizon is producing cuttings on specialized farms. "This is a very specialized job and we have the experience, only then you get top quality cuttings. Our farms are increasing production all the time."
Plants with cuttings on the field.
Cuttings are sold in different sizes, but 3”, 4” and 5” is what Fleurizon sellsmost. They are planted in 9 cm (3”) pots up to 3 liter (1 gallon) pots.
For more information:
Frank de Greef
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-23 Hellebores: a review of the delivery season
- 2023-05-12 Fleurizon releases 2024 catalog
- 2023-05-10 Chairman of the Israel Innovation Authority visits Hishtil's facility in Nehalim
- 2023-04-20 Women in Horticulture visits ForemostCo Central Florida facility
- 2023-04-12 Helix Australia Waxflower cuttings to Israel
- 2023-03-28 200,000 Phalaenopsis cuttings from Sion potted at Bevo Farms in Edmonton, Canada
- 2023-03-28 “Cyclamen young plants travel first class with this new tray”
- 2023-03-24 "Recent site investment enhances production capacity by 25%"
- 2023-03-17 "We now have full control of our rooting container and substrate"
- 2023-03-17 KF Bioplants names two new gerbera varieties and Best Grower of 2023
- 2023-02-16 “Connecting growers with opportunities through collaboration in the indoor plant categories”
- 2023-02-14 CAN: Van Belle Nursery aims for cutting-edge with sticking robots
- 2023-01-17 India: "The weather couldn’t deter the spirits of farmers, florists, and participants"
- 2022-12-23 The ever-changing market that is horticulture
- 2022-12-23 The role of young plant suppliers in enabling growers to follow trends
- 2022-12-16 "We aim to go entirely organic”
- 2022-12-05 “More prolific and even root growth”
- 2022-11-30 J. Berry Nursery relaxes Hollywood Hibiscus branded container requirements
- 2022-11-22 HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- 2022-11-22 D.S. Cole Growers adds new products to young plant assortment