Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
August 23-25, Portland
US (OR): Farwest speakers deliver talks on pest management
Cloyd, State Extension Leader for Entomology, Professor and Extension Specialist in Horticultural Entomology/Plant Protection, Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, will present two seminars at Farwest. The first, ‘Scale Management’, will offer a better understanding of a major pest and strategies for protecting plants from scale infestation. The talk is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23, 8:30-9:30am, Room B117-119. His second seminar, ‘Plant Protection of Greenhouse Insect and Mite Pests’, takes place Thursday, August 24, 9:45-10:45am, Room B117-119. Cloyd will discuss the plant protection strategies that must be implemented in order to avoid or mitigate problems with insects or mites on greenhouse-grown horticultural crops.
Dr. Cloyd has an extension appointment at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) with focus on pest management in multiple areas of plant production. He has published extensively on pest management/plant protection and authored or co-authored numerous books. Dr. Cloyd has received numerous awards and honors from all corners of the horticulture industry.
Bográn, Technical Manager, OHP Inc., will deliver two seminars, both sponsored by OHP Inc. In his first talk, ‘Conservation Biological Control and Biopesticides for Nursery IPM’, Wednesday, August 23, 9:45-10:45am, Room B117-119, he will summarize current knowledge on conservation biological control theory and practice, covering identification, application, and pest control. His second seminar, ‘Worker Protection Standards Training’, is Spanish-only and will touch on all subject matter content required under the Worker Protection Standard (WPS) training for handlers. The seminar is set for Wednesday, August 23, 12:30-1:30pm, Room B115-116.
Dr. Bográn has been involved in agricultural research, education and development for more than 20 years. He is the past President of the Entomological Society of America (ESA) Southwestern Branch and subject editor of ESA journals Integrated Pest Management and Arthropod Management Tests. He is a member of the American Society of Horticultural Sciences (ASHS) and the American Phytopathological Society (APS).
For complete information on all Education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- 2023-05-26 US: CBP agriculture specialists intercept first in the nation pest at Laredo Port of Entry
- 2023-05-25 How to deal with Botrytis and keep it at bay
- 2023-05-25 Strategies for effective mealybug management in greenhouses
- 2023-05-24 Research on the isolation and identification of black spot disease of Rosa chinensis in Kunming, China
- 2023-05-23 Combatting invasive species through action
- 2023-05-18 UK: Defra announces plant health research and development plan
- 2023-05-18 New generation Mycotal released
- 2023-05-17 Invasive pests in Maryland attacking native plants
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Dept of Pesticide Regulation awards $3,15M in research grants
- 2023-05-16 Easement of the attachment of UK Plant Passports in EU Member States extended for 24 months
- 2023-05-16 US: Downy mildew observed on a greenhouse in Massachusetts
- 2023-05-15 Ultrafiltration highly suitable for removal of nematodes and tomato virus
- 2023-05-11 Micro roses may be the answer to solving deadly disease of the florist favorite
- 2023-05-05 Biobest signs letter to acquire BioWorks
- 2023-05-01 Absence of Xylella fastidiosa in Jordan
- 2023-04-25 Biocontrols against powdery mildew in gerberas
- 2023-04-25 CAN: Rycar insecticide registered for ornamental use
- 2023-04-20 Hawaiʻi Floriculture and Nursery Association releases educational video
- 2023-04-19 US (MA): Botrytis detected on geranium leaves submitted to UMass lab