- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Nufarm donates $150,000 in GreenCare for troops
That job is a little easier now with the generous support of Nufarm following its $150,000 contribution to Project EverGreen on behalf of GreenCare for Troops.
The announcement was made by Nufarm Vice President Sales, Turf and Ornamental, Sean Casey, and Project EverGreen Executive Director, Cindy Code, at the Nufarm National Sales conference in Hilton Head, S.C.
“Nufarm is keenly aware of the importance of community outreach and involvement. GreenCare for Troops embodies Nufarm's core values, and allows us to put them in action in real-life situations,” says Casey. “I can't think of a better way to extend the outreach and community involvement of Nufarm employees than to help volunteers provide complimentary lawn and landscape services to the families of deployed military personnel and post-9/11 disabled veterans.”
The contribution will be used to enhance and expand the national initiative created and managed by non-profit Project EverGreen. This will include increased outreach for volunteer recruitment and communications to families, volunteers and the media, as well as adding promotional and logistical resources required to grow the GreenCare for Troops database and serve more military families and veterans.
“Nufarm’s incredible contribution to this program is going to make a significant difference to the lives of military families and veterans across the country,” says Code. “This boost is just what the program needs to build upon its success and, ultimately, bring safe and healthy yards and landscapes to families in need of relief and peace in a green setting.”
The GreenCare for Troops initiative, which celebrates its 11th year in 2017, has seen more than 11,000 military families and disabled veterans, and more than 6,000 green industry professionals register to receive or provide these much-needed services since the program was launched in 2006.
In 2016, Project EverGreen’s GreenCare and sister program SnowCare for Troops volunteers delivered lawn care and landscape services valued at $1 million to hundreds of military families and wounded/disabled veterans across the United States.
Nufarm joins Toro as primary financial supporters of the GreenCare For Troops program.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 AgriForce forms joint venture with Swiss firm to help with in-progress acquisitions
- 2023-06-08 Italy: Alessandro Michelucci is the new president of Italian Nursery-people association
- 2023-06-08 Interflora celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2023-06-08 CAN: CosMic Plants orchid grower receives MPS-ABC certificate
- 2023-06-08 US: SAF adds breeder category to outstanding varieties competition
- 2023-06-07 “We make both high light transmission and insulation available”
- 2023-06-07 NL: Hem Genetics celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-06-07 Ramón Melón joins IUNU as Head Grower
- 2023-06-07 Buyers sought for UK hydroponic salad grower
- 2023-06-06 Tal Netzer appointed as CEO of DryGair
- 2023-06-06 Floranow acquires flower wholesaler Bloomax
- 2023-06-06 UK firm acquires full stake in Bigot Flower Kenya
- 2023-06-05 "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
- 2023-06-05 Swiss biological agricultural product manufacturer sets up office in Kenya
- 2023-06-02 Captain and Könst calla assortment presented during Captain Calla Days
- 2023-06-02 Delphy Group remains independent
- 2023-06-02 FloraLife unveils new brand identity
- 2023-06-02 Kenya: Marcoz Holdings gets approval for acquisition of Phima Flowers
- 2023-06-02 New guardian monitor Wi-Fi launched
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight