- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Nufarm donates $150,000 in GreenCare for troops
That job is a little easier now with the generous support of Nufarm following its $150,000 contribution to Project EverGreen on behalf of GreenCare for Troops.
The announcement was made by Nufarm Vice President Sales, Turf and Ornamental, Sean Casey, and Project EverGreen Executive Director, Cindy Code, at the Nufarm National Sales conference in Hilton Head, S.C.
“Nufarm is keenly aware of the importance of community outreach and involvement. GreenCare for Troops embodies Nufarm's core values, and allows us to put them in action in real-life situations,” says Casey. “I can't think of a better way to extend the outreach and community involvement of Nufarm employees than to help volunteers provide complimentary lawn and landscape services to the families of deployed military personnel and post-9/11 disabled veterans.”
The contribution will be used to enhance and expand the national initiative created and managed by non-profit Project EverGreen. This will include increased outreach for volunteer recruitment and communications to families, volunteers and the media, as well as adding promotional and logistical resources required to grow the GreenCare for Troops database and serve more military families and veterans.
“Nufarm’s incredible contribution to this program is going to make a significant difference to the lives of military families and veterans across the country,” says Code. “This boost is just what the program needs to build upon its success and, ultimately, bring safe and healthy yards and landscapes to families in need of relief and peace in a green setting.”
The GreenCare for Troops initiative, which celebrates its 11th year in 2017, has seen more than 11,000 military families and disabled veterans, and more than 6,000 green industry professionals register to receive or provide these much-needed services since the program was launched in 2006.
In 2016, Project EverGreen’s GreenCare and sister program SnowCare for Troops volunteers delivered lawn care and landscape services valued at $1 million to hundreds of military families and wounded/disabled veterans across the United States.
Nufarm joins Toro as primary financial supporters of the GreenCare For Troops program.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-27 aspara by Growgreen celebrates summer and fourth of July with indoor gardening promotion
- 2022-06-27 From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media