- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Australian growers to benefit from water and energy efficiency funding
Announcing that eight rural industry groups will be funded by the Rural Water Use Efficiency Initiative for 2017-18, Department of Natural Resources and Mines Executive Director Mandy Downes said that increased competition for water and rising energy costs is affecting the bottom line for the State’s primary producers.
Irrigation workshop at Bundaberg Queensland
“Combined, these industries are estimated to use approximately 1.7 million megalitres annually,” Ms Downes said. Irrigators participating in the program will have access to high-quality independent advice and irrigation system evaluations to improve their on-farm water management,”
Grants will be provided to the peak industry groups involved including Flower Association, Dairyfarmers’ Organisation, Growcom, Canegrowers, Cotton Australia, Nursery and Garden Industry, Turf Producers Association and the National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture.
Flower farmer Geoff Hussey owner of Charm City Flowers Bundaberg, Queensland
The Rural Water Use Efficiency program works to assist farmers to achieve productivity gains and through scheduling and irrigation equipment changes and maintenance.
The Flower Association has secured $61,000 for on farm irrigation assessments, technical advice, case studies and their promotion in Great Barrier Reef catchments via workshops.
Technical field day at Moerman Anthurium Atherton, Queensland
If you are a Queensland flower grower and would like an assessment from an irrigation consultant or just want more information contact Flower Association Executive Officer Shane Holborn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +617 3821 3350.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-09-03 More than one million electric cars in Europe
- 2018-08-31 NL: 2800 solar panels on the Havecon roof
- 2018-08-30 Climeworks raises USD 30.8 million to commercialize CO2 removal tech
- 2018-08-29 High expectations of glass-glass panels and energy storage systems
- 2018-08-28 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"
- 2018-08-27 "Renewable energy needs implementation plan to back up announcements"
- 2018-08-24 Huisman Geo established to focus on geothermal energy market
- 2018-08-23 UK: Ofgem audits - The day of the audit
- 2018-08-22 Video: Enriva delivers waste to energy project for glasshouse
- 2018-08-21 Solar-powered greenhouse production
- 2018-08-20 The Energy-Humidity Connection
- 2018-08-17 UK: Is the rising energy market ever coming back down?
- 2018-08-16 Irish growers to take advantage of energy to boost profits
- 2018-08-15 "Ten percent higher light incidence in greenhouse"
- 2018-08-14 US (MN): High school builds 'energy classroom' greenhouse
- 2018-08-13 UK: Ebtech Group celebrates 10 years
- 2018-08-10 UK: GrowSave expands into soft fruit sector
- 2018-08-09 US (AZ): Western Growers opposes renewable energy initiative
- 2018-08-08 UK: Life after the feed-in tariff
- 2018-08-07 Five advantages of energy curtains