- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Sergio Illescas Jijón of BellaRosa, Rose Connection on first school day Russia
"Less flowers to Russia due to Chinese Valentine's Day"
Most demanded flowers
After Valentine’s Day celebrated on February 14, Women's Day (March 8) in Russia, and US Mother's Day in the US, the first school day in Russia is the fourth most important holiday of BellaRosa and Rose Connection. "For this holiday, our rose varieties Explorer, Pink Floyd, Oink Mondial and Mondial are highly demanded", says Jijón.
The demand for roses was high, but the supply from both farms was lower this year because they were shipping flowers for two holidays in the same week; Chinese Valentine's Day and the first school day in Russia. Usually, growers can benefit from both holidays. Chinese Valentine's Day is being celebrated on the 7th day of the 7th lunar month in the Chinese calendar and therefore falls on different dates in August. In 2018, for example it is being celebrated on August 17 and in 2019 it is even more spread out as it falls on August 7.
China is growing
Russia is one of BellaRosa's and Rose Connection's main markets, but they see an increasing demand coming from China. "This year, the sales on both farms to the Russian market is close to 30 percent on both farms." This, however, is lower than last year, when about 40 percent of their flowers went to Russia, because of the increasing demand from China. "As long as we can supply the Chinese tinted and fresh roses as they request, we foresee that it will become an important destination for our products." Other important destinations for BellaRosa's and Rose Connection's roses are North America and Europe.
Christmas is the next important holiday they are now working on, but before that, they will attend the large flower exhibition FlowersExpo in Moscow. This exhibition will be held from September 12 -14 in the Crocus Expo and BelleRosa and Rose Connection will be both present with a joined booth.
For more information
BellaRosa and Rose Connection
Sergio Illescas Jijón
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."
- 2022-05-05 Vista florist Dos Gringos finds a place in the sun