Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Sergio Illescas Jijón of BellaRosa, Rose Connection on first school day Russia
"Less flowers to Russia due to Chinese Valentine's Day"
Most demanded flowers
After Valentine’s Day celebrated on February 14, Women's Day (March 8) in Russia, and US Mother's Day in the US, the first school day in Russia is the fourth most important holiday of BellaRosa and Rose Connection. "For this holiday, our rose varieties Explorer, Pink Floyd, Oink Mondial and Mondial are highly demanded", says Jijón.
The demand for roses was high, but the supply from both farms was lower this year because they were shipping flowers for two holidays in the same week; Chinese Valentine's Day and the first school day in Russia. Usually, growers can benefit from both holidays. Chinese Valentine's Day is being celebrated on the 7th day of the 7th lunar month in the Chinese calendar and therefore falls on different dates in August. In 2018, for example it is being celebrated on August 17 and in 2019 it is even more spread out as it falls on August 7.
China is growing
Russia is one of BellaRosa's and Rose Connection's main markets, but they see an increasing demand coming from China. "This year, the sales on both farms to the Russian market is close to 30 percent on both farms." This, however, is lower than last year, when about 40 percent of their flowers went to Russia, because of the increasing demand from China. "As long as we can supply the Chinese tinted and fresh roses as they request, we foresee that it will become an important destination for our products." Other important destinations for BellaRosa's and Rose Connection's roses are North America and Europe.
Christmas is the next important holiday they are now working on, but before that, they will attend the large flower exhibition FlowersExpo in Moscow. This exhibition will be held from September 12 -14 in the Crocus Expo and BelleRosa and Rose Connection will be both present with a joined booth.
For more information
BellaRosa and Rose Connection
Sergio Illescas Jijón
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud
- 2023-05-19 Make-upz assortment newest addition to Deroose USA portfolio
- 2023-05-18 NL: Stolk Brothers grow anthuriums peat free
- 2023-05-18 NL: Organic Rose Nursery the Bierkreek decorates The Peace Palace
- 2023-05-18 Rosaprima launches four new rose varieties
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Urban grower helps supply florists and markets
- 2023-05-17 "A step towards a greener future"