- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
Click here to view the photo report.
Special about this year's edition is the addition of plants and flowers. The Fresh Market conference has brought together the fruit and vegetable industry in practice over the last 9 years. Even though, flowers and plants are often just a small part of retail business, Fresh Market has chosen to add this product category to their conference. "Increasingly more often, distributors requested to add this sector to the conference. On top of that, in the majority of the retail chains that are participating in Fresh Market 2017, there are the same purchase staff responsible for fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers too. So, we took it as an advantage to expand the Fresh Market Conference range with indoor plants and flowers", says Fresh Market's Project Manager Urszula Sałajczyk.
Some of the 'ornamental' visitors: Leon de Mooij from Flower Trade Consult BV, Kees Bakker from Mondo Verde, Wouter Konijn from Aardse Orchideeien and Herold Dongelmans from Koppert.
What started as a primarily domestic event, has seen international attendance continue to grow, with exhibitors and visitors hailing from the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Egypt, just to name a few.
Tomasz Domanski at the Koppert Polska Sp stand.
The event was a great opportunity for visitors to meet directly with major European retailers in the hopes of striking up a new deal together, along with providing a great opportunity for visitors to network and visit the various stands located in the hall.
The retail meetings are a big draw for visitors and this year proved to be no exception.
Towards the end of the afternoon, the organisers took the opportunity to recognise the companies which had been present at the event from the very start. After that, the much awaited Fresh Market Award 2017 was announced, with the lucky winner being Polish company Dilbor, for their packaged fresh goji berries. A product that many fortunate visitors were able to taste for the very first time.
Emile Dings from Dutch company Chrysal International and Grazyna Lipiak from Victus. Chrysal was one of the nominated companies for the Fresh Market Award 2017.
To learn more about the Fresh Market Conference, please visit www.freshmarket.eu.
Click here to view the photo report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Asocolflores celebrated its 50th anniversary
- 2023-10-02 After-summer drinks at Ridder
- 2023-09-29 Germany: Tree nursery Lüers to host Winter Fair
- 2023-09-28 Landgard Award for Volker and Dominik Janssen and Leo Berghs-Trienekens
- 2023-09-28 Rio Roses wins 4 ribbons at SAF 2023 Outstanding Varieties Competition
- 2023-09-28 IPM Essen and FDF announce new award for practice-oriented products for floricultural retail
- 2023-09-27 South Korea: The Suncheonman International Garden Expo to be held on April 1
- 2023-09-27 The Giant Company recognizes top performing floral team members
- 2023-09-27 Nominees for the 2023 Dutch Flower Awards announced
- 2023-09-27 National Garden Bureau’s Green Thumb Award now accepting entries
- 2023-09-26 US (CA): Finalists selected for The Pasadena Tournament of Roses 2024 Royal Court
- 2023-09-26 Lots of interest at UK florist for Flower Circus flower shows
- 2023-09-25 International seed sector discusses biodiversity and corporate social responsibility
- 2023-09-25 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Pasadena Tournament of Roses announces fourth annual Día De Los Muertos Art Competition
- 2023-09-25 Impression Kunming International Flower Expo in China