- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
Click here to view the photo report.
Special about this year's edition is the addition of plants and flowers. The Fresh Market conference has brought together the fruit and vegetable industry in practice over the last 9 years. Even though, flowers and plants are often just a small part of retail business, Fresh Market has chosen to add this product category to their conference. "Increasingly more often, distributors requested to add this sector to the conference. On top of that, in the majority of the retail chains that are participating in Fresh Market 2017, there are the same purchase staff responsible for fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers too. So, we took it as an advantage to expand the Fresh Market Conference range with indoor plants and flowers", says Fresh Market's Project Manager Urszula Sałajczyk.
Some of the 'ornamental' visitors: Leon de Mooij from Flower Trade Consult BV, Kees Bakker from Mondo Verde, Wouter Konijn from Aardse Orchideeien and Herold Dongelmans from Koppert.
What started as a primarily domestic event, has seen international attendance continue to grow, with exhibitors and visitors hailing from the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Egypt, just to name a few.
Tomasz Domanski at the Koppert Polska Sp stand.
The event was a great opportunity for visitors to meet directly with major European retailers in the hopes of striking up a new deal together, along with providing a great opportunity for visitors to network and visit the various stands located in the hall.
The retail meetings are a big draw for visitors and this year proved to be no exception.
Towards the end of the afternoon, the organisers took the opportunity to recognise the companies which had been present at the event from the very start. After that, the much awaited Fresh Market Award 2017 was announced, with the lucky winner being Polish company Dilbor, for their packaged fresh goji berries. A product that many fortunate visitors were able to taste for the very first time.
Emile Dings from Dutch company Chrysal International and Grazyna Lipiak from Victus. Chrysal was one of the nominated companies for the Fresh Market Award 2017.
To learn more about the Fresh Market Conference, please visit www.freshmarket.eu.
Click here to view the photo report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show