- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australis 2020 International Garden Festival One Step Closer
Australis 2020 is a 6-month garden exhibition to be conducted in 2020 and Sydney is the preferred location (once Government has approved the site). Steven Haggart, MD and Founder of Australis 2020, and Graham Ross, Chair of the Australian Garden Council, and Robert Reynolds, AGC Director, hosted the AIPH executive on Monday 2nd October to showcase some of Sydney’s most outstanding gardens.
Following a tour of Sydney, Royal Botanic Gardens’ Calyx project and the multi-award winning Barangaroo Headland Reserve on Sydney Harbour, the delegates then enjoyed historic Bronte House, and stopped at Vaucluse House where they were joined by the Australian Prime Minister, Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP. The PM met these key players who are organising this planned garden, environment and sustainability expo. Mr Turnbull expressed a keenness to be kept abreast of developments with both the AGC and Australis.
The Australis 2020 exhibition is a great opportunity for Sydney and Australia’s wholesale nursery, landscape and garden tourism industry, as similar exhibitions in Asia and Europe attract tens of millions of visitors. For more than 6 decades, international garden festivals have been held across the Northern Hemisphere, attracting visitor numbers greater than the Olympics. These are the world’s biggest horticultural projects, but there has never been one held in the Southern Hemisphere.
The AIPH is the peak international body that approves and supports these events and approval was for Australis 2020 to be held in Sydney from September 2020 until March 2021.
To keep abreast with Australis 2020 developments, visit the website australis2020.com or contact Steven Haggart, Founder and Managing Director of Australis email@example.com or John Mason, Australian Garden Council Board Member firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-20 Expression of ethylene biosynthesis genes during senescence in Delphinium grandiflorum
- 2022-06-20 Performance of dahlia, genotypes for floral and yield attributes
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-01 'Sea freight replacing air freight is just a matter of time'
- 2022-05-31 IFTEX kicks off, high transport costs talk of town
- 2022-04-14 King Willem-Alexander opens International horticulture exhibition Floriade Expo 2022
- 2022-03-28 A sneak peek of Terra Nova Nurseries' Kniphofia ‘Rocket Jr.’
- 2022-03-03 Linda Hoogendoorn-Veelenturf to complement board of directors Plantarium | Groen-Direkt
- 2022-02-17 All eyes on Red Bentley
- 2022-02-16 De Ruiter East Africa introduces novelties during open days 2022
- 2022-02-09 Green Retail Events to organize the new Plantarium|GROEN-Direkt fair
- 2022-02-09 100,000 Tulips to Blanket San Francisco’s Union Square on Flower Bulb Day in Honor of International Women’s Day
- 2022-01-06 Plantarium and GROEN-Direkt fairs join forces
- 2021-09-23 Select Breeding presents Red Bentley & new varieties during Open Days
- 2021-09-17 Pro Manager Mastercourse Floriculture returns in January 2022
- 2021-09-15 New edition of international list of plant names has more than 17,000 new names
- 2021-08-13 Terra Nova Nurseries releases new product catalog for 2021-2022
- 2021-06-25 US: Ornamental sweet potatoes named newest Texas Superstar
- 2021-06-04 US (IL): 5-year lavender experiment blooms at Tenderloin Farms
- 2021-05-19 US: At Last rose earns A.R.T.S. local artist award