- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Florists in all 50 states plan local events for Petal It Forward
“We are ecstatic by the outpouring of support and enthusiasm by industry members who are supporting Petal It Forward and bringing it to their communities,” said SAF’s Vice President of Marketing Jennifer Sparks. “This is a great opportunity for the floral industry to come together for a common goal to promote flower power in a big way. There will be a lot of smiles going around as the country experiences the powerful emotions of giving and receiving flowers.”
During this nationwide “random acts of kindness” flower giveaway, consumers receive two bouquets — one to keep and one to share — to demonstrate the Rutgers University research that shows flowers make people happy and are encouraged to post on social media about their experience using the hashtag #petalitforward. The campaign’s goal is to raise consumer awareness of flower power through news coverage and social media posts.
SAF continues to update the list of local Petal It Forward events. “We want to know where every single local event is happening so we can tell the media — and, so florists can tell their local media that they are part of an effort happening nationwide,” Sparks said. “The more florists participating on October 11, the better chance of news coverage and social media posts promoting flower power.” To get your event listed, complete the Petal It Forward Participation Form at safnow.org/PIFform. See where events are happening at aboutflowers.com/PIF2017.
In addition to reaching out to traditional news media, SAF is coordinating a Petal It Forward “Thunderclap” and urges industry members to support it to help amply the message on social media.
“Whether you are conducting a Petal It Forward event locally or not, please take a minute to join in this virtual event when our industry will educate the world about the power of flowers,” Sparks said, noting that celebrities, corporations and other causes use the Thunderclap platform to raise awareness for a range of issues. “Thunderclap is a social media tool that allows a single message to be mass-shared, flash mob-style. It’s a massive scheduled social post.”
To see the pre-written message and participate in the Petal It Forward Thunderclap, go to www.thunderclap.it/projects/62279-petalitforward. “Click the red ‘support with Facebook/Twitter’ buttons to have the Petal It Forward message automatically shared on your social media accounts on Oct. 11 at 11 a.m. EDT,” Sparks said. “It’s that easy.”
The one-time message that will be posted on participants’ Facebook and Twitter feeds shares SAF’s Petal It Forward video and reads: “Happiness blooms across America today, as the power of flowers creates smiles! Follow the fun: #petalitforward http://thndr.me/25x0fA.”
“With your help through the Petal It Forward Thunderclap, we can reach tens of thousands of people with the message about how giving and receives flowers enhances emotional well-being,” Sparks said.
In addition, Sparks urges members to follow, like and share #petalitforward posts, as well as SAF’s consumer efforts on Instagram @About_Flowers, Twitter @FlowerFactor, and Facebook @AboutFlowers.
“We encourage all social media content be tagged #petalitforward, because it helps to spread the positive flower message,” Sparks said, “and helps us measure the success of the campaign.”
Sparks said it’s not too late to plan a Petal It Forward event. “Even handing out 20-50 bouquets or single stems can make an impact, and it’s a nice way to get your feet wet in participating in this nationwide event,” she added.
Members have access to step-by-step Petal It Forward logistics advice, suggested social media posts, media talking points and more at safnow.org/pif.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"