- Maintenance Engineer (CA, USA)
- Head of Horticulture - Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Rules about florists opening during lockdown in England
- Fred C. Gloeckner & Co. transfers open orders to Ball Seed
- Beekenkamp Plants grows in North America
- China's largest high-tech rose project to be completed by Spring 2021
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture expand teams, announce extensive slate of new hires
Airlines carrying Kenyan flower exports forced to divert
Several airlines were warned that their ability to fly directly from Nairobi to the Dutch capital would be restricted after what one source suggested may have been lobbying from local airlines.
Etihad has seen five flights a week, four to Amsterdam and one to Stansted, impacted since June 29, forced to re-route flights via Abu Dhabi, which would have made the route less economically sustainable and the longer journey not good for the perishable products.
However, on Friday, Etihad confirmed to The Loadstar that it had received a permit to start flying again.
“We [have been] working with the Kenyan authorities to resolve some anomalies in the routine application for our traffic rights into Europe, [and protected] our customers by operating through Abu Dhabi during this process,” said a spokesperson.
Read more at The Loadstar (Alex Lennane)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-12-01 "A user-friendly system to extend shelf life of fresh produce"
- 2020-11-10 US: TSA seeks enhanced screening capabilities for air cargo (with video)
- 2020-11-10 “Travel to African Countries should be possible”
- 2020-11-06 Three real solutions for shortage of air capacity for flowers
- 2020-10-28 Kenya is the logistical hub of East Africa
- 2020-10-27 Ten biggest shipping companies in 2020
- 2020-10-26 Emirates SkyCargo restarts cargo flights to Tokyo Haneda
- 2020-10-16 Etihad Cargo launches direct flight between Nairobi and Amsterdam
- 2020-10-07 Kirsten de Bruijn joins Qatar Airways Cargo
- 2020-10-06 "Optimal sealing during the distribution process saves a lot of energy"
- 2020-10-06 Sizable benefits of shipping by ocean freight
- 2020-10-02 Insufficient capacity dampens air cargo in August
- 2020-10-02 "Image Auctioning a success and better end times each day"
- 2020-10-02 US: California rose grower unveils the real cost of shipping flowers
- 2020-10-02 US: Armellini Express selects ORBCOMM’s In-Cab solution to boost fleet efficiency and driver performance
- 2020-10-01 Maersk to ship cargo between UAE and Israel
- 2020-09-30 Ecuador: Quito Airport records recovery in cargo exports
- 2020-09-29 SkyTeam Cargo celebrates 20th anniversary
- 2020-09-25 “We continued shipping the little orders coming through to secure future markets for Kenya”
- 2020-09-23 Verdant Technologies brings fresh innovation to produce and floral life-extension