- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
November 22-23, Nairobi
Key speakers for Flower Logistics Africa announced
In the course of two days, the line-up of speakers will set the stage for a stimulating discussion on flower and perishable logistics in an open environment.
FLA is themed around “Enhancing Africa’s flower power through better logistics” and will see the likes of Jane Ngige, CEO, Kenya Flower Council; Dr Isaac Macharia, general manager, Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service; Sanjeev Gadhia, founder & CEO, Astral Aviation; Jack Mwuara, group head of commercial, Siginon Group; Matthea van der Mollen, general manager, East Africa, Royal Flora Holland; Jeroen van der Hulst, director/owner, FlowerWatch; Tewodros Zewdie, executive director, EPHEA; Eric Gysen, cargo sales manager, Liege Airport; Toby Selman, CEO, Africa Logistics Properties; Elizabeth Kimani, general manager, Sian Roses; Peter Musola, commercial cargo manager, Kenya Airways Cargo; Nick Mwuara, direct sourcing manager, IPL International Procurement and Logistics; Conrad Archer, managing director, Panalpina Airflo; BernandOosterom, president, AIPH; and Fred Kong’ong’o, market linkage specialist, US AID.
FLA’s extensive speaker line-up will also engage in discussions at PLA, which revolves around the theme, “Perishables: Creating Africa’s future logistics grid”. These specially invited personalities will share insights into their experiences and pitfalls, and open room for dialogue and exchange of ideas and solutions for cost-effective logistics for key perishables exported from African countries.
Producers and exporters from the African continent and beyond are being called upon to join both events to share their experiences with logistics specialists in what promises to be a series of interesting debates in an effort to deliver temperature-sensitive cargo commodities such as flowers, fruits, vegetable and meat in the freshest possible way.
Saudia Cargo, a key player in global air cargo industry, is the Platinum Sponsor for FLA and PLA. Supporting the two events as the Diamond Sponsor is Holland Flower Alliance (HFA), a strategic alliance of Royal FloraHolland, KLM Cargo and Schiphol Airport. While Kenya Airways Cargo, cargo division of Kenya’s national flag carrier, is the Gold Sponsor, supporting the events as Silver Sponsors are Africa Flight Services (AFS), part of Worldwide Flight Services (WFS), global airport services group and Astral Aviation, Africa’s only all-cargo carrier, along with Network Aviation Group. Enhancing the value proposition of the conference this year are Liege Airport and FlowerWatch, the Track Sponsors of the two-day event.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2022-06-22 Impatiens Walleriana 'Glimmer Appleblossom' wins Best in Show at New Plant Awards
- 2022-06-21 Aalsmeer flower festival: What to expect?
- 2022-06-21 RHS Hampton Court Palace garden festival
- 2022-06-21 Attendees will tap into consumers’ ‘great expectations’ at SAF Orlando 2022
- 2022-06-21 Ritual of rolling babies in flowers revived in southern Iran