- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- Dutch growers lose faith
- Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- "New substrate fiber fits into the future of cultivation"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Beekenkamp Poinsettia Trials
Twinkle, twinkle, superstars
Beekenkamp has been a breeder and propagator of Poinsettias for years. During these 4 afternoons in week 45 and 46, all can be viewed and compared. The staff are present to inform everyone about the qualities and possibilities of each plant. "These weeks are an ideal opportunity to visit the trials for our customers and ideal to take their own customers. Over 80% of the assortment is red, in all possible ways. During the trials we focus on the pot size and shelf life." That says Sirekit Mol, Marketing Manager at Beekenkamp.
In the spotlight are the superstars that conquer their place in the market. The Astro for example. "This is, you could say, the run of the mill: it grows fast, is easy to grow, gives a full body plant and has a beautiful V shape. The latter is something that growers pay attention to, because a V-shape also means: easy to cover. The plant is grown mainly in 10.5 cm pots or bigger." The remaining 20% is filled with other coloured Poinsettias.
At the trials the Princettia range will be shown as well. The Princettia has completely different genetics that is available in many different colors and can even be used in the begin of the Autumn, during mild weather for outdoor use.
The trials take place at Beekenkamp Breeding (Korte Kruisweg 163, Maasdijk).
For more information:
Korte Kruisweg 141
2676 BS Maasdijk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-22 American Society of Cut Flower Growers names Pinky Winky panicle hydrangea among its 2023 Cut Flowers of the Year
- 2023-05-12 American Rose Trials for Sustainability winners from Star Roses and Plants
- 2023-05-04 NL: Newest pot and bedding plants shown at Pack Trials
- 2023-02-20 "30 perennials you are missing In 2023"
- 2023-02-03 Tulipomania: How a flower became a financial asset
- 2023-01-11 The garden on Symphony of the Seas has over 20,000 plants
- 2022-12-23 The fascinating story of the Semponium
- 2022-12-07 First spot for Ruby Red and Superba New Glitter
- 2022-12-05 New varieties of De Ruiter East Africa on display at Open Day
- 2022-11-14 German tree nursery products on stage at sales fair in Westerstede
- 2022-09-19 Daily light integral and/or photoperiod during the young plant and finishing stages
- 2022-09-02 Large flowers can be short‐lived: Insights from a high Andean cactus
- 2022-08-17 Cut flower perennials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of gladiolus genotypes in Nepal
- 2022-06-20 Expression of ethylene biosynthesis genes during senescence in Delphinium grandiflorum
- 2022-06-20 Performance of dahlia, genotypes for floral and yield attributes
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-01 'Sea freight replacing air freight is just a matter of time'
- 2022-05-31 IFTEX kicks off, high transport costs talk of town
- 2022-04-14 King Willem-Alexander opens International horticulture exhibition Floriade Expo 2022