- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Beekenkamp Poinsettia Trials
Twinkle, twinkle, superstars
Beekenkamp has been a breeder and propagator of Poinsettias for years. During these 4 afternoons in week 45 and 46, all can be viewed and compared. The staff are present to inform everyone about the qualities and possibilities of each plant. "These weeks are an ideal opportunity to visit the trials for our customers and ideal to take their own customers. Over 80% of the assortment is red, in all possible ways. During the trials we focus on the pot size and shelf life." That says Sirekit Mol, Marketing Manager at Beekenkamp.
In the spotlight are the superstars that conquer their place in the market. The Astro for example. "This is, you could say, the run of the mill: it grows fast, is easy to grow, gives a full body plant and has a beautiful V shape. The latter is something that growers pay attention to, because a V-shape also means: easy to cover. The plant is grown mainly in 10.5 cm pots or bigger." The remaining 20% is filled with other coloured Poinsettias.
At the trials the Princettia range will be shown as well. The Princettia has completely different genetics that is available in many different colors and can even be used in the begin of the Autumn, during mild weather for outdoor use.
The trials take place at Beekenkamp Breeding (Korte Kruisweg 163, Maasdijk).
For more information:
Korte Kruisweg 141
2676 BS Maasdijk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-20 Expression of ethylene biosynthesis genes during senescence in Delphinium grandiflorum
- 2022-06-20 Performance of dahlia, genotypes for floral and yield attributes
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-01 'Sea freight replacing air freight is just a matter of time'
- 2022-05-31 IFTEX kicks off, high transport costs talk of town
- 2022-04-14 King Willem-Alexander opens International horticulture exhibition Floriade Expo 2022
- 2022-03-28 A sneak peek of Terra Nova Nurseries' Kniphofia ‘Rocket Jr.’
- 2022-03-03 Linda Hoogendoorn-Veelenturf to complement board of directors Plantarium | Groen-Direkt
- 2022-02-17 All eyes on Red Bentley
- 2022-02-16 De Ruiter East Africa introduces novelties during open days 2022
- 2022-02-09 Green Retail Events to organize the new Plantarium|GROEN-Direkt fair
- 2022-02-09 100,000 Tulips to Blanket San Francisco’s Union Square on Flower Bulb Day in Honor of International Women’s Day
- 2022-01-06 Plantarium and GROEN-Direkt fairs join forces
- 2021-09-23 Select Breeding presents Red Bentley & new varieties during Open Days
- 2021-09-17 Pro Manager Mastercourse Floriculture returns in January 2022
- 2021-09-15 New edition of international list of plant names has more than 17,000 new names
- 2021-08-13 Terra Nova Nurseries releases new product catalog for 2021-2022
- 2021-06-25 US: Ornamental sweet potatoes named newest Texas Superstar
- 2021-06-04 US (IL): 5-year lavender experiment blooms at Tenderloin Farms
- 2021-05-19 US: At Last rose earns A.R.T.S. local artist award