- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
First growers on Floriday
Floriday is the global, digital platform for the horticultural sector. The platform enables growers to be active in several trade channels and markets at the same time. Other growers will be given access in phases before the end of the year.
With the first version of Floriday, growers only have to log in once to put products on offer in several marketing channels such as FloraXchange and FloraMondo.
Although Floriday focuses on growers, the platform also has indirect benefits for buyers. Through FloraMondo and FloraXchange, they gain access to a larger supply. In addition, Floriday ties in better with the grower's processes, so buyers quickly receive information about, for example, the progress with their order or order handling. Another benefit is that ultimately, the buyers' conditions and wishes can be better accommodated by growers during the purchasing process in Floriday.
Linking to Floriday
"The current version of Floriday is basic and does not yet have all its functionalities. It is a system that we can expand easily. The technology of the platform is geared to this," explained Merel Prins, project coordinator at FloraXchange. "For example, by linking up systems that growers are already using in their nurseries. This brings the benefit of not having to enter the same information twice." But those are not the only possibilities. Gerhard van der Bijl, CDO of Royal FloraHolland, added, "We can also link new or existing trade channels of buyers to Floriday, which growers can then start using immediately." Floriday also enables access to international markets and thus ensures an increase in trade with different players.
Continuing to develop together
Gerhard said, "Naturally, we shall continue to develop Floriday to make the work of growers easier. For example, expanding the stock and sales data, adding improved tools for making product images and labelling in the nursery." He is very interested in hearing the responses of growers, exporters and software suppliers during the Trade Fair. "I would like to learn about their wishes and ideas for collaboration. Their input will enable us to make the work in the nursery and throughout the horticultural sector even easier."
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Chiltepec is a pioneer in the use of climate screens in Mexico"
- 2023-05-30 Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
- 2023-05-29 "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- 2023-05-29 "With our payment tracker, customers see the exact status of the foreign payment"
- 2023-05-26 “No ultrafiltration without customization”
- 2023-05-25 Kenya: “Demand for on-farm cooling solutions is increasing”
- 2023-05-23 Capital injection for Blue Radix powered by 400 growers
- 2023-05-22 "Designed to simplify growing and enhance operations"
- 2023-05-18 Evaluation of mud-based culture substrate on the regeneration of verbena cuttings
- 2023-05-17 Research project to explore 5G use in greenhouse industry
- 2023-05-17 UK: Horticultural Trades Association urges action on water management grants to increase resilience to droughts
- 2023-05-16 Almost time to propagate poinsettia mums
- 2023-05-16 Could growing crops under solar panels provide food and energy at the same time?
- 2023-05-10 Small microscope created that allows existing mobile phone cameras to turn into high-res microscopes
- 2023-05-10 "We introduce a single-use real-time carbon dioxide monitor"
- 2023-05-10 Automated production line and bio chamber in new premises Greenlux
- 2023-05-09 World first in Antwerp port area: drone network officially launched
- 2023-05-04 "Benefits of buying wholesale plant pots for your greenhouse & nursery"
- 2023-05-04 Double spray boom for both irrigation and crop protection
- 2023-05-03 Priva launches software-only solution for efficient labor registration