- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dümmen Orange shows full portfolio at FlowerTrials
- Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- Chrysanthemums can be grown with less electricity and less heat
- NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- New sprayable feed enhances the establishment of beneficial insects
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
February 20-22, Gorinchem
NL: International growers’ HortiContact Tour announces 2018 programme
The programme for the HortiContact Tour has been rounded off, and will include both a Practice Day and a Seminar & Trade Fair Day. On the first day of the HortiContact Tour (20 February 2018), participants will visit several growers and research locations. The excursion will depart at 8:15, from Rotterdam. The first stop is at 9:00 at tomato grower Lans in Maasdijk. The trip will then continue to the most important centre of innovation of the international glasshouse horticultural industry, World Horti Centre in Honselersdijk.
After lunch, the trip will lead to two practice visits in De Lier, for pot plant grower SV.CO and rose grower Fransen Roses. Both companies will show visitors the latest developments in their markets. The first day ends at 17:00, with departure for Rotterdam.
Seminar & Trade Fair Days
Day 2 centres around Gorinchem, 35 kilometres east of Rotterdam. At HortiContact’s trade fair venue, researchers of Wageningen University & research will host various lectures. Leo Marcelis (horticulture and product physiology professor) on light and LED illumination, Gerben Messelink (researcher) on integrated pest management, Anne Elings (scientific crop physiology) on developing medium technology into high-tech greenhouse production, and Frank Kempkes (researcher) on climate and energy savings. The morning programme concludes with a group lunch.
After lunch, participants are free to visit the HortiContact trade fair. With an average of over 500 participants, it is the largest and most-valued meeting opportunity for Dutch glasshouse horticulture.
The HortiContact Tour is a cooperation between the HortiContact trade fair organisation (held from Tuesday 20 to Thursday 22 February 2018 at Evenementenhal Gorinchem), Uniglobe Westland Business Travel, and In Greenhouses magazine. Due to support by several sponsors, participation in the HortiContact Tour is free of charge. Growers from abroad are required to arrange their own travel to the Netherlands and hotel bookings individually. The organisation has arranged a hotel offer and transfers to and from the airport, for which interested growers can apply.
More information / Subscription
Do you know growers in your international business network for whom this tour may be interesting? For more information, refer them to www.horticontacttour.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- 2023-06-06 NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- 2023-06-06 Largest IFTEX to date kicks off in Nairobi
- 2023-06-05 US (FL): Impressions from Floriexpo
- 2023-06-05 Sunflower sea at anniversary celebration Van Gogh Museum with royal touch
- 2023-06-05 UK: Petersfield greenhouse company Alitex wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show award
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden
- 2023-06-02 US: Flowers for all 300,000 graves at Arlington National Cemetery
- 2023-06-02 Over 200 visitors welcomed during Open House Interplant Roses
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days