Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
at NBO airport in Nairobi
Kenya: Cargolite Open Day posponed to Nov. 30
Cargolite will be inviting growers, forwarders, importers and exporters to the Cargolite Open Day. At the event, in conjunction with Dodhia Packaging Kenya Limited, Cargolite will open the Cargolite "go down" at the Oserian Facility located at the Cargo Village at NBO airport in Nairobi, on November 30, 2017. Oserian have kindly agreed to demonstrate how Cargolite cartons work, and show all the benefits achieved, by packing cut flowers into this new and innovative packaging concept.
John Kowarsky and Amnon Zamir at the IFTF in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands.
Oserian is using the concept for the last year, and is eager to show the advantages to fellow growers in the sector. "The concept enables us to save on air freight costs, less crushing of boxes and therefore an improved quality of the product when arriving at destination. It is a real 'game changer' for the industry", says Chris Lindley of Oserian.
Besides the opening of the "go down", a demonstration will be given by Amnon Zamir, Cargolite's R&D Manager, and a hands on explanation will be given to each grower after lunch.
At the Open Day, the Israeli Ambassador H.E. Noah Gal Gendler, the Chairman of KFC Richard Fox, John Kowarsky the CEO of Cargolite, Neil Hellings and Chris Lindley of Oserian, and Nick Mwaura of IPL, will be speaking. Click here to see the invitation.
If you would like to attend, please register as soon as possible, but not later than November the 26st. "Space is limited and we would like to confirm your participation." For further details, call/email Mr Guy Symondson, +254 713-624958/ Email: email@example.com
For more information on the cargolite packaging concept visit: www.cargo-lite.com
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-11-30 Air France-KLM and Jet Airways sign enhanced cooperation agreement
- 2017-11-29 Schiphol presents 'Usage estimate 2018'
- 2017-11-28 Transporting flower bulbs is a specialty in itself
- 2017-11-27 Emirates SkyCargo signs MoU with Dubai CommerCity
- 2017-11-24 Kenya: Slow fresh produce paper work costs airlines millions
- 2017-11-23 Kenya eyes China cut flower market
- 2017-11-22 Kenya: Cargolite Open Day posponed to Nov. 30
- 2017-11-21 UK: New Covent Garden Market partners with Zipcar
- 2017-11-20 Kenya Airways cuts half-year loss to Sh3.8bn
- 2017-11-17 US (FL): Port authority sees increased tonnage thanks to Ecuador trade
- 2017-11-16 Qatar Airways sets the record straight about its contribution to the U.S. economy
- 2017-11-15 Mobile app helps growers and retailers track perishable cargo in real time
- 2017-11-14 Ethiopian wins AFRAA Airline of the Year Award
- 2017-11-13 Flower Logistics Africa returns with perishables in tow; Nairobi to play host
- 2017-11-10 Qatar Airways set for annual loss amid Saudi bockade
- 2017-11-09 New airplane adds capacity for Kenya-UK flower transport
- 2017-11-08 Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight?
- 2017-11-07 “There’s no reason to be exploitative”
- 2017-11-06 US: As flower imports increase, Miami remains main entry point
- 2017-11-03 Qatar Airways touches down for the first time at Sarajevo International Airport