Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
CAN (AB): Impression of Green Industry and Show Conference
The conference officially started on November 16, but the day before, three full-day pre-conference workshops on November 15 was designed for more in-depth technical level professional development. One for Greenhouse growers, one for Landscape contractors/estimators and one for those interested in winter container design.
Below an impression of the conference and the trade show.
Twitter page Thiel's Greenhouse: "Another fantastic talk @__AGGA__ Day of Discovery #gisc2017 @hortguy85 helping us manage our wild work worlds #businesscoachwisdom #STSD"
Twitter page Bradt: "#dayofdiscovery - G8 discussion on #bio-controls and #nematodes #preventative vs #seeandspray. @ThielsGH @1BIOBEST @Canbiobest @P_K49 #gisc2017"
Twitter page Thiel's Greenhouse: "Alberta Green Industry Show and @1BIOBEST #bugeeks are teaching talking and havin' some fun! #yyc #gisc2017 @LandscapeAB"
On the left: Thiel's Greenhouses visiting the booth of Biobest. On the right, Thiel's Greenhouses visiting the booth of High Q Greenhouses.
Thiel's Greenhouse also posted some nice short videos on their Facebook page where they visit some of the exhibitors. Click here to see the video of their visit at the Biobest booth and click here for their visit to the booth of High Q Greenhouses.
Twitter page Vanstone Nurseries: "We're at the Green Industry Show and Conference #gisc"
For more information
Green Industry and Show Conference
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar