During a two-hour meeting followed by an open discussion of PVR-related issues and a networking dinner, plant breeders will be provided with a comprehensive overview of IP topics, including:
- Systems of IP protection for plant innovations: including Plant Breeders' Rights, Plant Patents (USA) and Trademarks;
- European Market: The latest developments in the European PVP regime and the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO);
- UPOV: The latest developments in the International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) and the UPOV Prisma PBR Application tool;
- Key countries: The current state of affairs in national Plant Variety Protection (PVP) regimes in such important production territories as China, India, Mexico, and Latin America;
- The CIOPORA positions and its activities as to the promotion of PVP in the aforementioned territories.