All-America Selections, North America’s oldest and premier non-profit plant trialing organization announce nine new AAS Winners for the 2019 gardening season. Each of the following new AAS Winners was trialed throughout North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grew them next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class. Only the top performing varieties earn the AAS Winner designation.
The new AAS Winners for the 2019 garden season are:
- Begonia Viking XL Red on Chocolate F1 (National)
- Marigold Big Duck Gold F1 (National)
- Nasturtium Baby Rose (Regional – Northeast, Heartland, Mountain/Southwest)
- Petunia Wave Carmine Velour F1 (National)
- Pepper Just Sweet F1 (National)
- Tomato Chef’s Choice Black F1 (Regional – Southeast, Mountain/Southwest and West/Northwest)
- Tomato Fire Fly F1 (National)
- Tomato Red Torch F1 (National)
- Tomato Sparky F1 (Regional – Heartland)
Previously announced AAS Winners for 2019, Watermelon Cal Sweet Bush and Melon Orange SilverWave F1, are on the AAS website.
Retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain.
Each AAS Winner is marketed through an extensive social media and public relations campaign, as well as traditional media and industry trade shows. AAS Winners are proudly grown in AAS Display Gardens across North America.
- A list of AAS trial judges are listed here.
- AAS Display gardens can be found here.
- Retailers can request an All-America Selections POP package from the AAS office.
- PowerPoint presentations are available on SlideShare or on the AAS website.
- Bench cards and variety markers can be downloaded from the AAS website